Affordable SIDI Boots

Those are some nice boots and relatively affordable. I also like the fact that they're not as "flashy" as some of their other designs.

I am more the "Vertigo" boot kinda guy, albeit in all black. The white ones look like they could have been in the movie Barbarella.

I have a set of street-touring waterproof boots similar to the fusion, made by Frank Thomas. One of the dealer's part's guys was joking that you could see the return pile at Frank Thomas from space but I have boots and gloves and both have been good. Bought because of price point but the quality seems to be there as both have lasted for 9 years with no issues.

I have read good things about SIDI in the fit and quality department so it will be interesting to hear from members what they think.

I have not looked for biking boots before, seems like everything for bikes is kind of pricey. I wore some running shoes on a ride last Saturday (it was like mid 40F) and it did not take long for my feet to get cold because the material for running shoes is not meant for keeping the cold out, boots are the way to go on a bike. I am sure there are lots of reasons why boots should be worn and warmth is just one of them.

ankle protection

I have not looked for biking boots before, seems like everything for bikes is kind of pricey. I wore some running shoes on a ride last Saturday (it was like mid 40F) and it did not take long for my feet to get cold because the material for running shoes is not meant for keeping the cold out, boots are the way to go on a bike. I am sure there are lots of reasons why boots should be worn and warmth is just one of them.

I don't like to harp about gear, but Boots that protect against abrasion, over-extension and puncture are important. Imagine sliding down the road with your bike on top of your foot in a low side, (even briefly) in runners. No thanks!

I know, I know.....ghey.....

I know, their kind of que-bitt But serriously.......yea..... serriously, I'm thinking of a pair of the Sidi Lux Blades in the prism color. Their not that bizare are are they? Anyway, my Sidi Vertigo's are the wrong color and ultimatly not very comfortable at all, the alternative the waterproof Sympax's

I might be out of the "Main Stream" cuz $200.USD is not very afforable to me!
$110. is affordable for me!!!!!

Earl
'03 FZ1

PS. But then again, I'm supporting 2 Single Moms!!!

Last edited:
I have these from FirstGear. I know it is hard to justify cost sometimes but can we really put a dollar value on personal safety? ;)

2009_Firstgear_Express_Boot_Black.jpg

I might be out of the "Main Stream" cuz $200.USD is not very afforable to me!
$110. is affordable for me!!!!!

Earl
'03 FZ1

PS. But then again, I'm supporting 2 Single Moms!!!

Affordable for by SIDI standards. :) I did not want to spend $320 on a pair of race boots thats for sure. I really did not want to spend $160 on my Joe Rockets but I am thankful every day I did. It is a great boot with excellent protection.

Back