Advise on buying a 2014 Z1000

This is half the cost to insure in Florida. The Ninja 1k and ZX10r are the same as far as the insurance company cares. This is costing me $550 a year for full coverage vs 1100 for the Ninja 1k. The Z is actually 40 more a year than my 02 FZ was. Weird but true.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, I was looking at the N1000 last year. It had such a good sit to me - didn't get to ride - but it felt good in the store. I like the instruments and cockpit feel of the cowling too.

I priced insurance - and because the motor was larger than 1000 cc - at 1043, I believe, it was higher insurance cost than an FZ-1. But the Z1000 - same motor as N1000 - was lower insurance than N1000.
Why? I was guessing the name, also - Ninja - but also that the N1000 has a lot more plastic fairing to replace in a go down. So I was thinking that adds to the cost also.

I was very conflicted over those bikes last year - and did nothing. A new FZ1 was in that conflicted mess, too, The FZ1 was what got me started with all the looking - coming from a Triumph Bonneville. I'm older and I didn't think an older guy was supposed to be able to like something like the FZ1. Do you see my level of conflict here?

I personally love that Kawasaki green. I know some people don't, but I like bright colors.
And the ABS - me personally again - really think that is a very good thing. Might save your live - wet leaves are a nasty surprise.

I was in a shop last week - trying to get out from under the tough winter/snow blues and accidentally came across a used Z1000 - a 2009, I believe. Sat it. I really liked the sit! ..... More conflict! Heck, it seems like anything Kawasaki makes sits well for me. I even liked the Ninja 300! But it was green, too - so maybe that swung me over.

Color and looks makes a big difference to me - don't know about you guys!

M. Martin. I'm envious! I think you are in for a good time! It's a very nice ride!

Back