Advice with a competitor.

Thanks for the video Dustin. Great comparison for sure. Too bad for the Hyosung. It actually is a really nice looking bike. You had to figure that the quality control would be nothing like a real Japanese made bike. I had a chinese made scooter when I got back into motorcycling and while it was sporty looking and pretty quick for a 150cc bike, I had to change out almost all of the hardware for stainless pieces. At the time, I only paid $899.00 shipped to me for it so even changing out all the hardware was still cost effective. With the mods I did to it I was still averaging 70 mpg and would run flat out at a whopping 63mph GPS verified.

For me, the Kawi 250R is the way to go for entry into riding. Thats what my son will be riding unless of course I get a decently priced FZ6R. They say that the Kawi is practically bulletproof and can really rev. For the price you can't beat it.

Has anyone heard of Hyosung Motorcycles?
Hyosung Motors USA

Their 250 looks nice and the wife actually digs it. Hm..

Stay away!!! Seriously as the video stated the quality is not great and that was the case on the couple that I have seen also. Plus I am sure resale value will be horrible. I am not a big fan of the 250's because riders tend to outgrow them (power wise) rather quickly and if you bought it new then you'll take a big hit when it's time to sell. Plus you're selling to a limited audience since only entry level riders will want one for the most part. I still think you can't go wrong with the FZ6R...

Mate cant go wrong with SV650. Low seat , Nice and easy to ride, Handles alot better than the alternatives, Sweet motor probably one of the best ever built, Value for money and when the missus upgrades turn it into a race bike YeeHaa .

Well, Wife is only 5'5 and 110 lbs. That is why I was thinking a 250 would be perfect.

I loved my Ninja 650R. Very safe and stable. Too bad the reviewer panned the Ninja 250R tires. I hope you can find a dealer, or seller, who'll let your wife test ride. I don't think I'll ever buy a bike again w/o a complete test ride. Good luck.

BTW, while the Suzi SV650 is a bike one can start with and grow into, my guess is it's too big for your wife-especially in the reach department.

Last edited:
Went to the Kawi dealer today. She sat on a ton of bikes (Ninja 250, Ninja 650R, Ninja 650r EN, Ninja Zx-6r, Ninja 500, Suzuki Gixxer that had handlebars instead of clipons?, Gixxer 600, and a older Ninja 250.) All in all, she liked the Ninja 250 or 500 due to height, width, and weight.

I also sat on a ZX14 and was surprised at the comfort level. Way more comfortable than the Hyabusa.

Kawasaki certainly had the female rider in mind with the 250R and 650R. All one needs do is check how many ads show a female rider.
I owned a 2007 650R and was surprised how close the seat had me to the bars. This was another clue.
Women don't generally have the upper body strength of a man.
I finally had my seat modified to allow me to sit back. The 250r weighs in at a mere 333 lbs.

Last edited:
Back