Advice PLEASE!!!

my throttle is sticking, its at the throttle body end(butterfly's), works lose when hot, have tried heating the body up and spraying lots of lube to try and free up, but its still fairly bad :-(
Anyone have any idea's, or is it put a new one on, which i think will be expensive!!!
Thanks for any help

It probably depends on how far you want to get into it yourself. I'd get the cables off and get right down to where you can watch the flys as you open and close it by hand and see if you can see whats binding. Its a little strange that it seems worse when it's cool and gets better as it warms up. That tells me there is a good posibility that when it's cool something is contracting causing the bind but when it expands, the bind is gone. I try to imagine a butterfly binding in the body until the body expands a bit but it could be any piece that has one metal (or plastic for that matter) piece moving inside another. A little WD40 or similar may help but you need to know where the bind is coming from.

i Have had the air box off so i can see down into the Body, i believe its the rod the bottom butterflies are fitted to binding with the main body, as your sat on the bike left hand middle one, where i think moisture has maybe got in and corroded the steel rod, wd40 has been applied a LOT, but its still not freed up as it should be.

Back