Advice on Mods please

G'day fellers,
Klavdy here,
Looking for some advice on the good mods and was hoping for some help.
For the Gen 11, it looks like there's some pretty good bikes out there for more than keen prices.
Apart from this and the other list,most of them are on Craigslist etc and it would fair to say that the majority are not owned by, shall we say, enthusiasts.
The mods that most of those bikes seem to have are pretty well limited to bling.
Bling, meh, give me Penske's and better screens, keep your dagger blade levers and skull bolts.

So, guess it's the good mods and their prices I'm after.
I bow to the superior knowledge here on the site in these matters.
If I picked up a fairly stock used Gen 11 what would it run $ wise to whack these on it?
I'd put 'em all on myself and would be looking for 2nd hard parts for a lot of it.
  • Ivans (or equivalent) fuel mod
  • P.CE or equivalent(is it necessary to have one with the Ivans mod?)
  • Screen for a 6'4"tall 200 lb feller.
  • Not at all interested in lowering the pegs
  • Seat
  • Revalve &respring the forks
    • Full exhaust or gutted cat with slip on?

Hmmm, there's a few real beaut ones with all the mods done already pop up now and again on the lists, but I just don't know which route would be better.

Thanks fellers, your help is appreciated.

Rough calcs can put that list in the neighborhood of an additional $2000.00, and go up depending upon tastes.

You are right in getting the front forks reworked, but you also need to include the rear. The rear alone can be around 500-1100 depending on functions and manufacturer.

I am a Gen I owner and do not have my exact pulse on current pricing.

Most individuals do not recap their money from the high dollar mods installed and usually opt to return to as stock as possible to move he FZ. There are deals always popping up on individuals moving their mods, but you have to be quick because chances are 10 other people looking for it as well.

If it looks dirty and beat up, chances are it probably was. Maybe even deffered maintenance or not at all.

Ultimately, be smart about your purchase and if you feel good talking with the present owner chances are the bike will be solid as well. Should you get bad vibe, walk away or try to negotiate the price to cover any impending doom if it is something that you feel you have to have......

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!
Adam

Last edited:
Back