advice for 2008 nakes ABS

silentg

advice for 2008 naked ABS

hi guys, i'm a little confused. i'm trying to find a seller/dealer etc who will sort me out with a new set of braided hoses (full set front and rear) but whenever i search all i am finding are ads that state NOT FOR ABS MODELS!! :doh2: even looked on ebay but still the same problem, NOT FOR ABS MODELS

whats the deal??!?!?! by no means am i savvy with the ins and outs of ABS but are they that much different to non ABS?

also, if anyone has got any insight to this and maybe know of somewhere that sells them?

preferably coloured ones so i can match my pup up :D

thanks for reading

Last edited:
hi guys, i'm a little confused. i'm trying to find a seller/dealer etc who will sort me out with a new set of braided hoses (full set front and rear) but whenever i search all i am finding are ads that state NOT FOR ABS MODELS!! :doh2: even looked on ebay but still the same problem, NOT FOR ABS MODELS

whats the deal??!?!?! by no means am i savvy with the ins and outs of ABS but are they that much different to non ABS?

also, if anyone has got any insight to this and maybe know of somewhere that sells them?

preferably coloured ones so i can match my pup up :D

thanks for reading

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d6iu-1WFxw&feature=related]YouTube - Emergency braking with an ABS-equipped motorcycle[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zv3Sacl7JQ&feature=related]YouTube - ABS vs. No ABS[/ame]

I think Hail is trying to tell you that you don't need braided lines on your ABS equipped bike.

That video showing the bike with the training wheels was awesome.
I wish my bike had ABS. Anything that makes riding safer has got to be a good thing.

I think Hail is trying to tell you that you don't need braided lines on your ABS equipped bike.

That video showing the bike with the training wheels was awesome.
I wish my bike had ABS. Anything that makes riding safer has got to be a good thing.

Pretty much. If you want them for looks I would simply get the colored sleeves to cover the lines and make them look more stylish.

hail, sorry you misunderstood my question.
i DO know the difference between stopping on an ABS and non ABS, my question was basically to do with braided hoses specifically for the ABS model. are they different to those non ABS models? the reason i asked originally was there seems to be very little on the way of shops etc that do sell for ABS. most just say NOT FOR ABS MODELS :D

hail, sorry you misunderstood my question.
i DO know the difference between stopping on an ABS and non ABS, my question was basically to do with braided hoses specifically for the ABS model. are they different to those non ABS models? the reason i asked originally was there seems to be very little on the way of shops etc that do sell for ABS. most just say NOT FOR ABS MODELS :D

Sorry I had a whole paragraph there and I think i replaced it when I pasted my videos in. Here are some SS covers you can get. There are colored covers that can be had but I am having trouble finding them.

CHROME BRAIDED COVERS BRAKE/CLUTCH CABLE/HOSE/WIRE/LINE | eBay

i have just been searching and all i also found was the SS ones :/

if you do manage to track some coloured ones down please paste a link or message me with it :unworthy:

THe hoses have to be 'hard' so as not to lose the modulation of pressure provided by the abs.
If the hose 'gives' and expands, the effectiveness of the brake is lost.
abs for bikes is good. abs for cars is bad.
preferred arrangement is abs for bikes only on the rear wheel...

Please elaborate. Thousands if not millions of Engineers seem to disagree with you :waiting:

All I will say is that if the driver doesn't keep the pedal firmly pressed then you do lose the benefit of ABS in a car. Only time ABS may not exactly be "beneficial" in a car is when driving on snow or gravel. Under those conditions a locked wheel will actually stop in a shorter distance, but obviously you still lose the directional control.

Back