Adjusting idle does not affect rpm level when bike is warm

I took the bike to the dealer and got the idle problem resolved. The idle adjustment screw thread had unthreaded and they were able to rethread it for me and now it idles well when wwam.
I also had a new battery installed because they could do it in the one hour of labor they charged me for. The bike is running great now :) Now I need the weather to cooperate so I can get out
and ride today. As I was waiting for the service area to open, a 2003 FZ6 pulled up and we chatted for a while, looked like a nice bike.

After solving one problem I got another. Well, two problems. When I start it cold, it idles at 200-300 and stops. Starting again and it can't keep revs and dies. Sometimes, when outside temp is lower, it goes to 1100-1200 for warm up. After warming up idle is 500-700 unsteady. I tried to adjust idle speed with the knob, turning it counterclockwise with no result. The knob, with rubber tube and screw stayed in my hand :/ and the idle remain at 500-700.
Why, when cold, my bike doesn't rise the revs? And why the idle adjustment doesn't work when engine is warmed?

Back