Acceleration Popping

Can a FCE help fix my acceleration popping. It only happens between gears, just once in a awhile. I do have a Yoshi TRC slip on and I also have AIS block off plates installed. I don't get any decel popping. My bike is an 08 with no other mods except slip on and block off. Thanks.

Please read my abbreviated statement a couple posts down. Thanks

Last edited:
That's kind of strange that you get poping when you let off to click into the next gear but you say you don't get any poping when you decellerate when slowing or stopping. I thought the FCE was intended to eliminate that whenever you let off the throttle. MY 08 with a MIVV and PCIII would really bark when I let off to stop or slow but I never experienced any poping between gears.

I doubt the FCE would do anything to help in your case. It might have something to do with the stock ECU map more than anything.

Start with syncing the throttle bodies and see how that performs. If it is still bad, you may want to invest in a Power Commander and get a smoothed map from whittlebeast here. :D

I need to abbreviate my first statement. I went riding today. It pops after I have shifted and just cracking the throttle. I have no surging and the bike is smooth otherwise.

I need to abbreviate my first statement. I went riding today. It pops after I have shifted and just cracking the throttle. I have no surging and the bike is smooth otherwise.

I have the same problem sometimes. Seems to happen more when I up shift without the clutch. I'm using WB's stage III smoothed map with a GYTR slip on, K&N filter, AIS blocked, flies zipped and cat gutted.

Yeah same problem also BUT I have PCIII and it doesn't do it every time but depending on how im riding it can do it every so often. does it pop as soon as you get back into the throttle? or as soon as you let off?
I have played with MANY maps including a ton of whittlebeast also. I know my problem is because of no FCE. I dont care to solve it it though cause I can ride around it and even when i dont ride around it it happens rarely

Last edited:
I did read on Ivan's website that it's supposed to get rid of the pop. I just don't want to invest in the unit and it not get rid of it. Anybody out there have the FCE with a slip on and block off with no PCIII and did it get rid of the pop.

I did read on Ivan's website that it's supposed to get rid of the pop. I just don't want to invest in the unit and it not get rid of it. Anybody out there have the FCE with a slip on and block off with no PCIII and did it get rid of the pop.

Well when I bough my bike it came with the FCE and AIS block off plates. I installed a Yosh full system and rode it like that for a few miles before I installed the PC V. It never behaved like you're describing...

Yeah same problem also BUT I have PCIII and it doesn't do it every time but depending on how im riding it can do it every so often. does it pop as soon as you get back into the throttle? or as soon as you let off?
I have played with MANY maps including a ton of whittlebeast also. I know my problem is because of no FCE. I dont care to solve it it though cause I can ride around it and even when i dont ride around it it happens rarely

It happens to me getting back on the throttle. Not all the time, but shifting without the clutch seems to cause it more. I thinking mine has something to do with closing the throttle abruptly to allow the clutch less up-shift.

Sounds pretty similar to mine.

I've got the AIS block off fitted along with a PCV and a custom map and I tend to get the pop when upshifting. It's nothing to be concerned about but it can be a little annoying sometimes.

Back