About time....

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
048c8aea.jpg

for once I'm not upset with the weather forecast. Was to be sunny with a high of 42, but snow is falling and we will see if it is serious or not......

Last edited:
No, I don't.....and jinxed myself because it has stopped falling.

The picture was taken approx 15 mins after it started falling.

I know full well that I NM can't compete with the Great White North.

or the East lately... 28" at home in Lexington, VA ... about 22" in Boone... which was surprising... but we got 3-1/2" of ice on top of that just to make sure it wouldn't go anywhere anytime soon.... I had to clear my steps with a hammer.

048c8aea.jpg

for once I'm not upset with the weather forecast. Was to be sunny with a high of 42, but snow is falling and we will see if itnis seriousnor not......

Oh come on ! Running around with a 20 lb. bag of flour and sprinkling it around won't fool me ! Better break out the snowshoes and stock up with groceries, you could get shut in and have to resort to cannibalism...OH NO!:spank2:

That's not a snowfall....

Now this is a snowfall ! Even the squirrels are freezing their nuts !
AND I just can't get rid of these weird pesky birds in my backyard !

Well, the school delays are flying about, and I'll use 40lbs next time.....

revised....if the kiddies were in school and not on break....hehe

Last edited:
I think you can compete... the only time I went to NM we landed in a blizzard in Albuquerque and it was deep, cold and coming down FAST. But when we left the airport and headed to Santa Fe, it was beautiful there. I guess it depends on where in the mountains and at what elevation you are for today's weather, eh?

Like Denver back in the Army... Snowed 14" one day and two days later, we're out in shorts and tanks playing football...

Now this is a snowfall ! Even the squirrels are freezing their nuts !
AND I just can't get rid of these weird pesky birds in my backyard !
I was up in Edmonton a few years back at one of our Parker Hannifin locations and they told me then that during the winters they have to plug in their engine block heaters while at work so their engines will stay warm. The best fun up there in the winter is hanging out at the West Edmonton Mall. They tried to get me to go on that coaster with the double loops, but I politely refused. I like going fast, just not upside down.

Coaster

I was up in Edmonton a few years back at one of our Parker Hannifin locations and they told me then that during the winters they have to plug in their engine block heaters while at work so their engines will stay warm. The best fun up there in the winter is hanging out at the West Edmonton Mall. They tried to get me to go on that coaster with the double loops, but I politely refused. I like going fast, just not upside down.

The coaster is great for speed freaks. I went on it and my glasses started to come off just as the coaster went into the vertical double loop. I had put my head down so if the glasses fell off they would go into the car and not be lost. During the loop the G-force was so strong I could not lift my chin off my chest.

And yes if you do not plug your car block heater in for 8 hours or more in -40, the oil gets thick enough that the engine has trouble turning over.

Last edited:
well, guess I'll have to go up North and snowshoe to get any sort of "real" accumulation....winter is panning out to be another joke this year in the desert....

Back