A wealth of exhaust info

Like a lot of other members, I've been looking at the possibilities of an aftermarket exhaust (Brohay is gonna jump all over this). As I've been going from site to site looking for comparisons, it is just about impossible to make a real good decision. By the time you've gone through two or three it's hard to remember just what a particular one looked like or sounded like (not that sound bites are all that good after having been recorded under less than optimal conditions then replayed on a computer). Then comparing price and performance starts to boggle the mind. I found the following site which has stuffed a lot of exhaust info all together and for those who are hunting, it may make the search a bit easier.

http://www.exhaust-notes.com/?partner=ns~ms-performance_motorcycle_exhaust_comparison~cu~jmt

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took delivery of a Graphite Naked '09 and had a carbon Two Brothers fitted before it rolled out of the showroom. one word........AWESOME!!!! fantastic look (photo's tomorrow) and even better sound. buy one you will not regret it

I think that the main purpose of the website is to showcase the different fit/finish and SOUND of the different pipes.. for that... I don't think adjustment is needed... mostly just install slip-on, start bike, twist throttle, shut off bike.

MIVV Suono

I installed a MIVV Suono on my GenII. It might have the added midrange shown on the MIVV dyno charts, but I can't really know w/o a dyno. I think it picked up a bit over stock.

I love the sound, though. With the DB killer in, it has a nice low rumble without being irritating to me or others. It's actually street legal in Europe. It has a nice wail when revved. I think it looks really sharp, but don't have pics (there are good ones on the MIVV website.)

Workmanship on slip-on and mid-pipe is very clean, very impressive. I am pleased with the purchase.

Last edited:
Pipes

I installed a MIVV Suono on my GenII. It might have the added midrange shown on the MIVV dyno charts, but I can't really know w/o a dyno. I think it picked up a bit over stock.

I love the sound, though. With the DB killer in, it has a nice low rumble without being irritating to me or others. It's actually street legal in Europe. It has a nice wail when revved. I think it looks really sharp, but don't have pics (there are good ones on the MIVV website.)

Workmanship on slip-on and mid-pipe is very clean, very impressive. I am pleased with the purchase.

Nice to hear some feedback on the MIVV Suono. I am looking at that pipe as I have a set of Givi bags on and some of the longer slip-ons won't work. It's hard to tell quality from the pictures so thanks.

I've got the MIVV too.. sounds awesome, looks great. Definately better mid range but a slight flat spot at 4000revs that wasn't there before.

Would recommend it. :)

I have a titanium gp Mivv slip on I love the sound although with the db killer out it is a bit offensive, I love this as my bike is naked and Kenny Roberts yellow, This was the first mod i did to my bike from standard and I did noitce more low and mid-range. I tried a Yoshi pipe and found it more responsive between 2-3000rpm but weak sounding compared to the Mivv and not the same mid-range kick where you do most your riding. Good luck and ride safe!!!

I too have just fitted the Mivv Suono (italia exotica) and i am delighted with it. I would have preferred it in black but the price hike was out of my budget range, non the less it is a great sounding and fine looking piece of italian craftsmanship.

Back