A Trio of Fizzers

The bikes belong to MrsFZ1inNH, FZ1inNH, and MrFZ1inMA (Norm):

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjEtMjAxMTA0MDktMTU1Ni5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjAtMjAxMTA0MDktMTU1NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTktMjAxMTA0MDktMTU1NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTgtMjAxMTA0MDktMTU1NC5qcGc.jpg

Hopefully Eric will add some video of today's ride. We strolled through the small country roads of northeast Massachusetts today. Even ran into another riding buddy on his son's 2001 Ninja 250 who joined us for a bit.

The bikes belong to MrsFZ1inNH, FZ1inNH, and MrFZ1inMA (Norm):

Hopefully Eric will add some video of today's ride. We strolled through the small country roads of northeast Massachusetts today. Even ran into another riding buddy on his son's 2001 Ninja 250 who joined us for a bit.

I had a great time riding with you today Norm. It was so good to see you! The pics came out awesome, eh?

Nice shots! Much better than my BB takes. :tup: I have videos uploading to Youtube right now. I'll ink to them here soon!

I had a GREAT time out there today and it was so nice to see you again Norm and I will see you tomorrow.

Video one is up. Seems that Youtube is VERY slow tonight! Three more coming. A couple of them are small. Read the comments I left too, ok? :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETs9cyMuy9Y]YouTube - Wife's first day ride on the FZ1[/ame]

Michele looks perfectly "at home" on the new ride. The camera mount location was perfect Eric. She was even pointing out the potholes for ya! I'm glad you three had a beautiful ride today. The weather seemed to be warm enough for you guys. I know it got pretty warm over here today. I didn't even have a jacket on at Richie's game this afternoon. Thanks for the videos! I hope to have some of my own as well!

Thanks Billy! Seems we all had a beautiful day out there today! Even warmer down your way! We had to stop at one point so Michele could take out the liner of her jacket because she was over-heating! Glad to know you got out there and had a great ride!!

Here's a couple more....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tBPIVm_kEI]YouTube - New England Spring from the eyes of the FZ1[/ame]

Now this short clip is to show just how low her FZ1 is compared to Norm's stock height FZ1. You can see that she is flat-footing the bike now. I thought she might have some issues bottoming out the suspension but she didn't and we hit some rough spots today too. :tup: So, check out how much lower her stock rear fender is on the tire next to Norm's??? :eek5: SLAMMED!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_9tHpzK0Vk]YouTube - Lowered FZ1[/ame]

The mounting spot for this is on the radiator guard which is great because the radiator doesn't vibrate much at all.

She says the FZ1 is much easier to ride (lowered) than the FZ6R was... easier to stand up, maneuver, lean, ride, etc... She's really loving this bike!! I'm so happy for her now!

Michele looks perfectly "at home" on the new ride. The camera mount location was perfect Eric. She was even pointing out the potholes for ya! I'm glad you three had a beautiful ride today. The weather seemed to be warm enough for you guys. I know it got pretty warm over here today. I didn't even have a jacket on at Richie's game this afternoon. Thanks for the videos! I hope to have some of my own as well!

Thanks Billy. I felt like this bike just "fits". I love how it handles. It was a beautiful day. We had a great time riding with Norm today. It's funny 'cause we were parked on the side of the road and talking when one of Norm's friends rode by. He realized it was Norm and he stopped to talk with us all.....and he rode with us for a little while. Unfortunately, the day had to end. :ugh: :cry:

That really shows the difference in the "lowering" video. I was looking at Michele's tail lights as a reference point. Pretty substancial difference.

It's nice to be able to flat foot the bike without causing it to bottom out from being too low. It's almost like having a cruiser just with better stability and maneuverability.

Heyyyyyyy mrsFZ1inNH! I'm happy for ya and it looks incredible! Even though your not in the FZ6R family any more you are still family. I hope in the next couple years I too will have my FZ1 but for now my Fizzer does just fine. Ride safe and see ya, well eventually.

Nice video's Eric, looks like you had a good time and from the comments your wife is liking the new bike. All of that hard work payed off, good to hear. :tup: Oh, and your comment on your youtube page about RAP, I am with you there....

Last edited:
very inspiring video!it was a really nice weekend here in the green mtns got the sleds put away,and with the forecast for76 and thunder storms should melt enough snow so i can get the bike out of the basement!our lakes are still covered in ice,so your video has given me hope.enjoy the new bike mrs. fz1!be safe all.

Nice video's Eric, looks like you had a good time and from the comments your wife is liking the new bike. All of that hard work payed off, good to hear. :tup: Oh, and your comment on your youtube page about RAP, I am with you there....

Can you please refresh my memory on the youtube comment? I'm not sure which one that is. ;) LOL!!! Old Timers is setting in here....

Heyyyyyyy mrsFZ1inNH! I'm happy for ya and it looks incredible! Even though your not in the FZ6R family any more you are still family. I hope in the next couple years I too will have my FZ1 but for now my Fizzer does just fine. Ride safe and see ya, well eventually.

I hope you are able to join us in the FZ1 family soon. I liked my FZ6R and probably would not have gotten rid of it had it not been for the awesome round-robin deal I got from Norm. That and finding out you CAN lower an FZ1 to accomodate someone of my short stature. :eek: After all the hard work Eric put into it this past winter/spring, it is an awesome bike that fits me. Even the FZ6R wasn't this low. I was never able to flat foot that bike.

Back