A Soldier's dirty old CB650 Nitehawk

He took it out today. Only thing we did was sand the cooling fins on the upper head where it was chipped up a bit and left them in the raw. At last check in he was on his second tank of fuel before he parked it at sundown. We gonna go ride together tomorrow and find him some decent light weight armor jacket.

I can't wait to see your future projects.

Next up is my wife's 92 VFR750 Interceptor. Just finished the carb rebuilds today and got it fired up. Love that V-4 sound. Took a gravel spill last year and I just patch painted it. the plan is: Re-spray in the the spirt of a classic RC-30. Red, white &blue, gold Honda wings, HRC markings, gold pinstripe, RC-36 markings. Think the Honda flaming Woody Woodpecker in it somewhere. Will be starting as soon as some money grows back.

Enjoyed my last day off today. Took a 60 mile ride with Dale on his CB600 and me on the FZ1. The point was to go hit spots that had a decent summer weight riding jacket for him. The Nitehawk ran fine. No issues to speak of. He did miss a gear in some LOW speed traffic once, but thats it. He said seeing me and the wife all geared up made him think and he had to get some stuff as his funds permited. He still needs gloves ansd wants some up-armored jeans when he can swing it. He ended up with this Shift Backdraft mesh w liner & a day visor for his HJC lid...
74872941f5c032e1fc3460ad8db64ba8_refined.jpg

I'm very sorry to learn of your loss, my condolences.

The silver lining is being a big part in contributing to the family and helping make the father even more proud of his son. I can't imagine the joy the father felt seeing the surpise and happiness of his son as he first saw the bike. That is the meaning of life, and being a part of that makes on a fuller person.

Great job on the honda. I always like projects like that. I had a honda cb550 . Transformed it also in a "ace of spades" because i'm a motorhead fan :)
Here some pics from the 1972 bike.
Bought it like this,looking good,but he was in a verry bad shape.
2igk2t4.jpg

And made a caferacer from it.
vhup9z.jpg

121aj5v.jpg

greetz Marc

Back