A little help

It's possible that the float valve in the #3 carb is sticking or leaking, causing that cylinder to run very rich. Eventually the plug will foul and that cylinder will not fire. You know the cylinder has been running rich because of the black residue in the pipe. If it had stopped firing without running rich first, it most likely would not be so black. There is also a possible weak spark on that cylinder.
Good luck.

3# misfire

It's possible that the float valve in the #3 carb is sticking or leaking, causing that cylinder to run very rich. Eventually the plug will foul and that cylinder will not fire. You know the cylinder has been running rich because of the black residue in the pipe. If it had stopped firing without running rich first, it most likely would not be so black. There is also a possible weak spark on that cylinder.
Good luck.

Thanks 45fz

I am doing some light mods this winter. Airbox, K&N and a re jet then when mobile dynoworks comes down to my area in march I'll get it on the dyno.

PS, it is a pain on the cold starts but runs great. I have had no indications of a big misfire ?

Thank again.
d

Hey dking,
While you have things apart, you will want to change plugs, you will most likely find #3 plug to be black. You can make sure you have good spark at that cylinder by installing a fresh plug in that cap and grounding it to the engine and watching for good spark while you crank the engine. If you have good spark, you will be fairly certain that #3 carb has float or float valve issues. Since you will already have the carbs out for the jet kit, do yourself a favor and have them professionally cleaned first. Clean carbs and a well done jet kit will cure that hard start issue. Ivan's jet kits can't be beat.
Best of luck! 45Fz

Back