a lil help with risors and bars

dcrpd

im looking currently at doing a rizoma set up. however i dont really know what to look for. if someone has the set up or something like it please let me know!

well essencially i wanna drop the clamps down so i have a lil drop in bar hight, however im going to do the naked kit on my 09. i really like the look of a mx style bar with lower clamps im just confused on how to start looking.

Alot of GenII guys like the SV risers (as in factory suzuki SV parts) The Rizoma is really nice stuff too. The search option should bring you several options and what people did / think about it.

Alot of GenII guys like the SV risers (as in factory suzuki SV parts) The Rizoma is really nice stuff too. The search option should bring you several options and what people did / think about it.

I have the Rizoma 42mm risers & Conical bars. I really like this setup & the quality of Rizoma. One bonus is you don't need to change your brake lines.

how much did your rodong position change?

The Rizoma is made for road-bikes not dirt-bikes so you don't get the flex. The work-out to be 1'' lower + forward & 1'' wider on each side than stock. The riding position is still comfortable but more aggressive when getting down to buisness. I track the FZ1 regular & this setup work perfect, good leverage, no flex & they look awesome almost like factory. As mentioned the Rizoma quality is spot-on, i also have their Rearsets on the bike now & they are a thing of beauty & effortless shifting.

Here's my 06 setup with Easton EXP 1 3/8 bars and risers. These are their lowest (58mm rise) bars and they are WIDE. Hand position is about 1 inch lower than stock and just a bit farther back; comfortable to me. Took a lot of fiddling with control location and handlebar tilt to get these to work with my Copperdawg speed screen; I even had to switch the R1 master cylinders mounting location to the outside of the kill switch. Stock clutch and throttle cables work fine but the Spiegler front brake line kit is specced at +2". All in all, works fine and looks nice . . .
If you are interested in this setup go here
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Easton_EXP_Bar_System_p/2010345bb.htm
$108 shipped including bars, risers and mounting hardware. In spite of the specifications on Easton's site, the TH90 11.9 hardware kit fits the FZ1s clamps nicely and is the one to order. The Wood's bend is the only option if you want to go close to stock width (has a narrow center section, you will need to cut the bars to length) but they are quite tall.
EastonExp4.jpg

Last edited:
Back