A.I.S. Kit Done...Thumbs Up!

I started a new thread for this since my other AIS thread has some subject matter, which as of this morning has become delicate and which I will not be getting involved with. I got downstairs hoping to beat the heat but was out of luck. I think I shed 4 lbs of sweat in the garage today. Everything went fine and I was very pleased with the finished product. Here was my morning in pictures............

Just before starting......
1.jpg

Draining all the antifreeze........
2-1.jpg

Radiator out of the way.......
3.jpg

Gotta clean this up a bit later......
5-1.jpg

Disconnected the tube from the airbox......
6.jpg

Air pump assembly out without a hitch.......
7.jpg

Ready for some tapping........
8-1.jpg

Went nice and slow with the first one.........
9-1.jpg

All four cleaned out and capped.........
11-1.jpg

Capped the airbox and then the #4 carb..........
12.jpg

13.jpg

Everything is nice and clean atop the motor now........
14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

I changed the spark plugs and topped her off with new antifreeze. She fired up nicely. I made sure of all connections and hose clamps an put the fairings back on. That job is out of the way leaving only to finally paint my rear hugger when there isn't 92% humidity. I am very happy with the AIS removal. I'll have to test it out tomorrow since the only place I'm going is to the shower and then in front of the AC!

Well, here's my report on the AIS mod. Today was the first time since last Wednesday that I was able to take the bike out for a test ride. In a word.......FANTASTIC! I love it. Absolutely ALL of the gurgling and popping is gone on deceleration. Zip, Zero, Nada! I tried as I might to get some kind of pop but to no avail. The bike just drones down to nothing. Beautiful. My son however would rather have the popping. Also, what a difference with the brand new NGK's. The bike is super smooth through the entire rpm range. I am super happy with the outcome. So once the hugger is installed and just maybe the "Pod Light Mod", that will be all for the rest of the year. I am going to concentrate on riding and enjoying the bike as I should be. Check back tomorrow for more pics.

Awesome Billy! I'm glad to hear that this totally fixed the issue for you. Nice!! :tup:

I wish it had done the same for me, but it didn't. It did reduce the amount of it, but did not kill it so I'm going to have to buy the PC and get the bike pro-tuned.

Time for some more pics? How close are you to installing that hugger? ;)

Time for some more pics? How close are you to installing that hugger? ;)

Thanks Eric, its drying as we speak! It could be as soon as tomorrow evening. I want to make sure that the paint is totally cured first. As for my Pod Lights, they were out of the sockets. They said Tuesday so I'll stop back then. Just my luck! I should have tried PepBoys also. I'm sure that it's sold in all those places. Check the "Hugger" thread tomorrow for pics.

Back