6 pot calipers

With the proper adapter you probably could, but what would be the point? The "cool" factor of six-pot calipers? I doubt braking performance would be much improved (if at all) over the stock FZ1 calipers. Maybe just save your money and invest in some EBC HH pads for the FZ1 calipers ;)

Last edited:
I would suggest also getting a radial master cylinder as the stock fz1 MC will not be up to scratch.
My braking was worse when I switched to R1 6 pot callipers.
Once I installed the R6 radial MC, my braking was awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I agree with ballmead, if you are gonna change the calipers I would be a good idea to change also the braking pump. But be careful which Radial Master cylinder you choose because you could end up having the brakes as a bike of 250cc.

However it would be better to install then the 6 piston calipers from the yamaha r1 '10 and take the radial pump Nissin 19x21, that way you are sure that you end up with the best possible solution.

Preusmjeri Obavijest

If Its of any Interest i used to own a Hayabusa and the brakes were not that special even with braided lines uprated rotors and pads , I find the standard set up on fz1 to be far superior , some busa owners were known to fit four pots .

yep r1 6 pots way to go

finaldraft.jpg

Back