520 conversion chain & sprockets.

B

Buildercher

Who has done this conversion form 530 to 520?, any advice as to sprocket combinations? currently i run stock rear 45t & 16t front and like it. Is there much performance and braking gains to be had with 520?.

less rotating mass = better power transfer

as well as increased wear

and yes... I've done it... 15/47 520... just stay away from aluminum on the rear and make sure you keep up with your adjustments...

less rotating mass = better power transfer

as well as increased wear

and yes... I've done it... 15/47 520... just stay away from aluminum on the rear and make sure you keep up with your adjustments...

This seems a big change from stock. I am looking at 16/47 at the moment i have 16/45.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered 520 Driven 16t/47t steel chain & sprockets, who has this combination?. Anyone out there?

what make did you end up going for the rear sprocket?

Driven steel rear 47t & 16t front with gold chain. Will be interesting to feel the difference between 530& 520?. Thanks for the advice

I have 16/47 (oops 16/44) right now and was considering the 16/47. Is that harder on the bike and will it take a 520 chain? Adjustmenst? Do you have to check it more often?

Last edited:
I have 16/47 right now and was considering the 16/47. Is that harder on the bike and will it take a 520 chain? Adjustmenst? Do you have to check it more often?

Been running a 520 conversion for about 4000 miles with no issues. Rental 16 up front, 47 Supersprox and a Gold DID.

FZ1520conversion2.jpg

FZ1520conversion1.jpg

I don't think you are going to feel a difference between the 530 and 520 since you also changed the gearing.

Who knows?, i am also gearing it slightly lower so i will be the similar to 15.5 up front with 47t @ rear & 16t. Will post results.

I am thinking about going with 16/47 titaniumII sidewinders with their ti 520 chain. Any negatives to this except money?

I really like 16/47 & 520 seems to give the bike a bit more drive. It is almost seems perfect the gearing with this combination.

16/47 chain length requirements?

Been running a 520 conversion for about 4000 miles with no issues. Rental 16 up front, 47 Supersprox and a Gold DID.

I just put on a 16T and want to put on a 47T Supersprox on the back. How long must the chain be? My stock 122 link wasn't even close. Is 130 links enough???
Thanks

FYI...Found out on a different thread that stock chain will work with 16/47 sprockets but you have to move the wheel full forward (with the axle removed), slip the chain on and then pull the tire/wheel back and insert axle.

Back