428 VERY uncomfortable miles in two days

I grew up with standard position bikes so the FZ1 GenII was nearly perfect for my 5'10" 190 pound 64 year old mass. I like the firm seat and just put in a Satan adapter and 08 R1 rear shock. Lightened the preload a bit and softened the high speed compresion and it feels great. Also having carpal tunnel relief surgery on both wrists helped enormously. I routinely go for a 200 to 400 mile fun ride and then go work out after. I also commute every day I can.

I find the choice of gear helps too, if you're not comfy wearing it then it will bother you in the end. I have also repositioned the bars and levers so I have a slight lean into the bike but not as much as on an R1. I used to race road bicycles so the drop position is rather normal for me and those seats are really hard to support you on those 160Km days.

I had almost dropped the coin for a BMW S1000R but I got a brand new 2012 FZ1 for half the price of the BMW so I couldn't pass on it. Got new PR4s for it this year. This weekend I plan to do a 500 miles ride.

Back