3M clear protectants. Any good?

So I'll be picking up my brand new FZ1n tomorrow, and am a bit worried about the paint getting damaged 'n junk. I couldn't end up grabbing the bike in white, so it looks like it'll be black...WHICH IS HARDER TO KEEP CLEAN! @_@

I've been looking into these paint protectors online, and they seem like they could be a good solution. Has anyone here got any experience on any of the products out there? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

...IT'S BLACK! Jeez I'm so broke now. :cry:

So I'll be picking up my brand new FZ1n tomorrow, and am a bit worried about the paint getting damaged 'n junk. I couldn't end up grabbing the bike in white, so it looks like it'll be black...WHICH IS HARDER TO KEEP CLEAN! @_@

I've been looking into these paint protectors online, and they seem like they could be a good solution. Has anyone here got any experience on any of the products out there? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

...IT'S BLACK! Jeez I'm so broke now. :cry:

My FZ1N is black and carbon.:tup: I swear by Meguiar's Wet Look Polish for paint after using their Soft Wash Gel. I use the polish only on paint work - all the rest is mild Soft Wash and a chamois. Not cheap but the best and made in the US. Available in most good auto shops. Enjoy the bike!!! Cheers.

I have the full 3M tankslapper kit on my FZ1S for about a year and it's held up nicely. Went on easy, they're not permanent, and I can wash & wax like normal

I also have the full 3M Tankslapper kit on my bike. It was a bit of learning curve getting it on some of the really curvey areas howeve it's settled down quite well and seems to be quite durable. I wax straight over teh top of it and for the most part it's almost invisible from a few feet back.

Last edited:
I have the full 3M tankslapper kit on my FZ1S for about a year and it's held up nicely. Went on easy, they're not permanent, and I can wash & wax like normal

I also have the full 3M Tankslapper kit on my bike. It was a bit of learning curve getting it on some of the really curvey areas howeve it's settled down quite well and seems to be quite durable. I wax straight over teh top of it and for the most part it's almost invisible from a few feet back.

I to used the 3M clear film from Tankslapper.com and it was nearly invisible and definately kept the bike in perfect condition. With the 3M you don't have to worry about it yellowing over time as well. I did a review in the Product review thread about this.

I to used the 3M clear film from Tankslapper.com and it was nearly invisible and definately kept the bike in perfect condition. With the 3M you don't have to worry about it yellowing over time as well. I did a review in the Product review thread about this.

I think it was your review that sold me

Ah! Sorry about that, Wolfie. I should've been a bit more specific.

Looks like I'll be trying out that tankslapper 3M stuff! After 10 minutes of searching, I found the thread you made, Oldschool, and it looks to be quite helpful.

Cheers for the replies, dudes! 12 hours and I should be on the new beast. :shine:

Back