36 & 42

Been cold down in Florida for the last couple of months, down into the 40s, so I have not ridden in two weeks! That is a long time. I need a minimum 65 degrees to even think about riding.

I noticed the front end got a little squirrelly when I got on it this morning. Been awhile since I checked the tire pressure on the bike. When I got back and let the bike cool, the tires read 20F & 24R!

Since the correct tire pressures should be 36 in front and 42 in rear, I know why the handling was affected. NEVER let this happen to you. It won't happen to me again, I could have wrecked for being lazy and stupid.

Tsk tsk! You should be checking those pressures every 3 tanks at a minimum, no matter the temps. ;)

65 minimum? I'll be happy to see 40 degrees so I can ride! Well, after the salting and sanding is washed away for good!

Wow thats pretty bad! I'm super OCD about my bike and I check pressures before every ride out to the twisties, or at least once a week if I'm just running the bike in town. After lots of experimentation, 34/34 seems to be the sweet spot for me at 155-160 pounds.

Wow thats pretty bad! I'm super OCD about my bike and I check pressures before every ride out to the twisties, or at least once a week if I'm just running the bike in town. After lots of experimentation, 34/34 seems to be the sweet spot for me at 155-160 pounds.

I check by feel before I throw a leg over, every time. With a gauge every week, or more if I think there may have been a change.

I always run the recommended pressures for the bike. That usually means 36/42 these days (older bikes were different). If my tires drop even 3 or 4 PSI, I can tell right away. 4 PSI low at the front is terrible for me and I have to pull over and inflate ASAP. I'm pretty sensitive to things like this. Probably a deep set paranoia from having so many old beater cars throughout the years ;)

Back