2nd gen FZ1 vs CBR1100XX blackbird.

Has anybody ever raced one? Not that I am supporting road racing, but I am sure maybe someone has raced at a track or closed course or other maybe? I know they are close for horsepower and weights not that much off.

I recall a video somewhere with an FZ and blackbird, but it wasn't a head to head race. Not sure where I saw it though. I used to ride with a group locally and one rider had a blackbird, but that was years before I acquired my FZ1. I know the Blackbird was prone to dragging parts in the twisties.

The FZ1 might be on par for HP and weight, but where it loses out big time with a blackbird would be the aerodynamics. In any long straight stretch the blackbird would have the advantage with wind resistance and therefore a higher top speed.

I recall a video somewhere with an FZ and blackbird, but it wasn't a head to head race. Not sure where I saw it though. I used to ride with a group locally and one rider had a blackbird, but that was years before I acquired my FZ1. I know the Blackbird was prone to dragging parts in the twisties.

The FZ1 might be on par for HP and weight, but where it loses out big time with a blackbird would be the aerodynamics. In any long straight stretch the blackbird would have the advantage with wind resistance and therefore a higher top speed.

In the twisties I think I'd give the nod to the FZ1, but on a long straightaway it would be a different story. The Blackbird was designed to have much better aerodynamics so it would kill the FZ1 in top speed.

In the twisties I think I'd give the nod to the FZ1, but on a long straightaway it would be a different story. The Blackbird was designed to have much better aerodynamics so it would kill the FZ1 in top speed.

And me just being silly, don't even know why they used "Blackbird" as the name? I mean, when I think of a blackbird, I certainly don't think of some super quick, agile bird. I think of that annoying bird just sitting on the telephone lines in the morning making a ton of noise. Now they should have used maybe "The Albatross", or "The Mallard", or my personal favorite, "The Pelican". Now that spells quick and racy!!!!:bs2:

And me just being silly, don't even know why they used \\\"Blackbird\\\" as the name? I mean, when I think of a blackbird, I certainly don't think of some super quick, agile bird. I think of that annoying bird just sitting on the telephone lines in the morning making a ton of noise. Now they should have used maybe \\\"The Albatross\\\", or \\\"The Mallard\\\", or my personal favorite, \\\"The Pelican\\\". Now that spells quick and racy!!!!:bs2:

I think they were referring to this Blackbird when they came up with the name :D

SR-71 Blackbird:
1966_sr712.jpg

Back