26,000 mile valve update

bunky

Hey folks,
Just thought I would let everyone know that I got the work done that I posted back a few months ago.
I asked the mechanic if the shims were off after 10 years of riding and 50,000 kilometres of road use. Guess what.....not one shim needed to be replaced.

I also had the fuel filter and spark plugs replaced and a carb sync...which was really out of whack. Plus new coolant.

Now the silver bullet is singing......

Getting this done at the Yamaha dealer in our small town was really a good experience for at least its peace of mind and the price????

Taxes included for 6 hours work......$426.40

I just wanted to finish my original post.

Thanks for listening.

Not a bad deal! It's not unusual for these Yamaha engines not to need any shims replaced during the 26k mile valve adjustment. That being said it shouldn't be skipped...

Not a bad deal! It's not unusual for these Yamaha engines not to need any shims replaced during the 26k mile valve adjustment. That being said it shouldn't be skipped...

I always had to change some shims, depends on the bike and the riding style, if you do not have to replace anything it is a short job, in case you have it takes some more hours ;).

Back