20A Fuse repeatedly blowing

Sevinsky

Hey guys, first problem here.
I currently have a situation at hand where my 20A fuse blows every time I start up my bike. Thus giving me no headlights, which is the most important issue.
I have put in about 4 new fuses and within seconds each has blown.
Anyone have any solutions they can offer me?

-Sevinsky

Something is shorting out. Start looking for a broken or exposed wire. Have you recently performed some work on the bike. If so I would start there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go as far as to suggest a bad light bulb. Easy enough to check for that one. Just pull the harness from behind each bulb and try it again with a good fuse.

X2 on pulling the harness connectors from the headlights and trying a new fuse. Not necessarily because of a bulb, but sockets as well. If it doesn't pop put them back on one at a time. This will at least narrow it down. Do you have a wiring schematic? Start at the easiest stuff first. Then work your way more into the wiring. You probably do have a bare or pinched something or other somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

removes both lights, try turning the bike without them, if not break the fuse, plug a lamp and then the other, so you'll know if you have a short bulb ... and if none of this is ... test the bike on in the connectors on the lights with a multimeter the voltage levels ... in my case the fuse is broken by an HID Ballister was in court

If the headlights check out ok.Take a look at the wiring coming from the handle bars and around the steering head. Have you changed the handlebars or added risers ? If so take a look at the wiring with the bars at full lock left and right.

My apologies guys for not responding back to this! I pulled off the front headlight and found that one of the wires was barely connected, thus allowing it to touch and then untouch, blowing the fuse each time it did that!

All new to this game boys :D

It's gonna be a fun time here.

My apologies guys for not responding back to this! I pulled off the front headlight and found that one of the wires was barely connected, thus allowing it to touch and then untouch, blowing the fuse each time it did that!

All new to this game boys :D

It's gonna be a fun time here.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it was an easy fix :)

Back