2024 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Recorded and watched the Sprint race, some how managed to not record the Main race, so had to watch the highlights. Did look like a great race. Maybe Ducati will move Peco to Satellite team and give factory seats to Jorge and Marc.

Recorded and watched the Sprint race, some how managed to not record the Main race, so had to watch the highlights. Did look like a great race. Maybe Ducati will move Peco to Satellite team and give factory seats to Jorge and Marc.
I would say that's unlikely, since he's contracted through 2026 and is the two time reigning champ.

While i think thats highly unlikely, it would be thoroughly entertaining. I think marc has passed his peak/plateau and is starting down the hill to retirement, but has a few tops 3's left in him. I may be wrong though.
Pretty clear to me that he has not declined much, if any.

Time will tell. But there are younger hungrier guys showing their worth. Its been a few years since MM has done his traditional see ya

And jack miller. I feel for that guy. More than anything, i want to see equal #'s of bikes from all the big mfgr's.

More than anything, i want to see equal #'s of bikes from all the big mfgr's.
Agreed. I hate that there are 8 Ducati's on the Grid.

I think Ducati is an amazing brand and they obviously make the best bike right now - but man the lack of variety is ugly.

was great having 3 guys neck in neck for the last 7 laps fighting for the lead. Incredible game of cat n mouse.

Agreed. I hate that there are 8 Ducati's on the Grid.

I think Ducati is an amazing brand and they obviously make the best bike right now - but man the lack of variety is ugly.

was great having 3 guys neck in neck for the last 7 laps fighting for the lead. Incredible game of cat n mouse.
And Bastianini was the fastest rider on the track and likely would have been in the mix if not for the long lap penalty. Yet another Ducati.

Bastanini ignoring the long lap was rally weird. He is certainly making the case that he does not deserve the factory seat anymore.
He explained that and the team backed him up.
He had a bad weekend this weekend, but before he was right there with Bagnaia and Marquez in points, so I think it's too early to say he doesn't deserve the factory seat any more.
Silly season seems to be in full swing quite early this year, especially regarding the second Ducati factory seat.

"Although Ducati publicly supported Bastianini, there were whispers that one of the lessons from today is that, even if you are sure you are right, it's better in terms of the race result to serve the first penalty..."

I do know many teams have issues with some of the race direction rulings on other penalties. I wonder if Ducati standing up to them will have any impact on how the other teams react to future penalties.

"Although Ducati publicly supported Bastianini, there were whispers that one of the lessons from today is that, even if you are sure you are right, it's better in terms of the race result to serve the first penalty..."

I do know many teams have issues with some of the race direction rulings on other penalties. I wonder if Ducati standing up to them will have any impact on how the other teams react to future penalties.
Kinda like dealing with the government. They always win.

There continues to be a LOT of criticism of Freddie Spencer.

Back