2016 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

A lot of fallers in that race. I was Happy to see Jorge beat Rossi. I was disappointed to see Dovi and Marquez go down. I was hoping to see a good battle for 2nd & 3rd. But good to see Vinales on the podium for Suzuki for the first time since Capirossi back in 2010.

Rins dominated moto2 which was an interesting race.

Good win by Jorge and now the Championship is much closer with Marquez falling off in a very strange synchronized crash with Dovi.
Jack Miller is rubbish, he is so disappointing as is Crashlow who will be lucky to retain his ride next year.

I don't think the fault is entirely Jack's or Crutchlow's. I think a combination of a less than stellar (putting it nicely) Honda and the Michelin tires makes the bike a handful to ride and harder to push to keep up with the rest. The only Honda not to go down was Pedrosa! I think either of those two on another bike would do really well (baring a broken leg - Jack).

Aprilia had a great day, 9 and 10! Bautista already has more points this year that all of last year! Brabl is looking good too. For a development year it's looking good.

Suzuki rocked today! It's great to see another brand on the podium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Very interesting race that brought the championship even closer. An unbelievable amount of crashes and a very exciting first half. How about that synchronized lowside from Marc & Dovi? I was very happy to see a new manufacturer on the podium, great for Suzuki. The shots of the crew celebrating really said it all; well deserved payback for all their hard work.

I have to agree about the boos from the Rossi fans. As great as it is to hear the crowds roaring whenever he makes an overtake, I find it really disappointing that the crowds can be so classless. It might be a good thing if the Rossi fanboys leave when he retires. Then again, how many millions of dollars will leave with him?

The only thing worse than the boos is seeing the assortment of smug douchebag expressions from Lorenzo. I think I'd like him a bit more if he just kept his helmet on at all times. Like last race, he chose to ignore his team mate's accomplishment. Rossi, on the other hand, gave Lorenzo the credit he deserved for putting on a dominant performance.

I think the hero of the day was Petrucci. You've got to wonder if they'll promote him to ride along side Lorenzo for next year. You've gotta think that's a strong possibility after watching him out perform the Andreas with a right hand made out of bone fragments and no time on the bike since the Australia test.

Last edited:
Latest rider movements for 2017

Pedrosa re-signed with Honda - not going to Yamaha
Dovi re-signed with Ducati and will be Jorge's team mates
Vinales flew to the factory head office on Monday - so assume he has signed with them.

now that leaves a seat free at Suzuki, will they sign Rins or Iannone? or boot Espargaro and sign both???

This Thursday's pre race press conference will be worth watching!

Vinales confirmed at Yamaha and Iannone confirmed at Suzuki. that leaves Aprilia or KTM for a factory ride for Rins... Smart move would be Tech 3.

This weekend is looking to be a good race, especially in Moto3

Iannone's 359.4 km/h top speed (all time MotoGP record) was insane. That's 223.3 mph. That is officially 'boogyin' down the road'

Last edited:
All 3 races were great to watch. You'd have thought Yamaha would have checked Rossi's engine over after Jorge's gave way in practice, I suspect someone will have some tough questions to answer.

Some great dules in Moto3, moto2 and MotoGP. that last lap dice between Jorge & Marc was great. Glad Jorge got the win for Yamaha. Smith did well too to be first satelite rider. Iannone, Dovi and Pedrosa was interesting. Suzuki not quite with it today in the end. Iannone and Vinales need to do some more practise starts.....

Was disappointing to again see Rossi fans leaving as soon as he was out, they missed some great racing.

The MotoGP podium was great to see 3 guys having a blast and enjoying their success and getting along. Now if Rossi were on there, it would be a different story. I'm kinda glad he wasn't on there after seeing the top 3 enjoying themselves, that's how a finish should be, the top riders congratulating each other. Rossi seams to be the only rider who doesn't get along with the other riders.

The mess at the restart of the Moto2 race was embarrassing to watch, I mean teams not knowing what is going on? These are professional teams and should have someone watching the releases come down from race direction, all but 3 teams knew what was going on, and the three that didn't mucked it up for a lot of guys.

Moto 3 - What a race Binder is on fire. Antonelli made a great comeback too.

lots of Italians, but none on the top step of any 3 of the rounds.

Back