2014 FZ-09 anyone?

Marthy

Hey, I was wondering if any of you are getting or thinking about getting a FZ-09? I'm just curious about how the new triple stand against the FZ1.

Byb the way... I will find out tomorrow when my ride is in. I'm getting the first 09 that the dealership will have. Can't wait! Reviews are pretty good so far... :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Lets us all know...

Would love to compare my 08 to this new bike. With Fall coming, we car-pool to work, seeing Mom is rest home 3-4 times a week, the poor RED Rocket sits in the garage for two weeks at a time.:wtf:

The FZ9 look very cool.

Ya, I decide to go o for it. Looks like the bike will be in short supply for the first batch. If I don't like it, I will sell it and go get a SF 848... lol

Bike reviews seems pretty solid so far. Once I bang one of my exhaust on it... that should be interesting!

Keeping the FZ6R for the long trip or if I need the extra storage.

Nice, Marthy! I be you'll love it, coming from FZ6R. I too very much want to take one for a ride.. it's SO much lighter than FZ1 (particularly mine.. with hard luggage).

Nice, Marthy! I be you'll love it, coming from FZ6R. I too very much want to take one for a ride.. it's SO much lighter than FZ1 (particularly mine.. with hard luggage).

Sure. Next time you come to Fl we need to meet up for a full swap :D

Congratulations! Do let us know how you like it after a little riding

I was just looking at FZ 09 at a area dealer Saturday, they had 5 of them just in. I sure like the idea of the 3 cylinder engine. With the torque the FZ 09 is making for its weight combined with the good gearing it should be a good entertaining all around street bike. At the price they are asking they should sell a bunch of them.

I wanted a little more wind protection for the Winter time and MPG on my next bike. But now I'm thinking about one after sitting on it. It felt kind of roomy and relaxed (just what I like). Was trying to figure out if I could get a tail bag on it, they didn't leave much room to play with in the back.

Anyhow.... enjoy your new ride!

I went out for a test ride on Friday on the MT-09 as they call it here in the UK, and it was a very good bike. I did find it lacked a bit of character though. The exhaust note is very bland, not like the Triumphs I have ridden, but I guess that can be changed easily.

The bike is very much in the Hyper/Motad style, the handle bars are a bit too wide for me, and at speed its doesn't feel as planted as my Fz1, but then it is a much lighter bike. The throttle response is very sensitive in A mode and filtering was very difficult with the mapping in this setting. So you had to switch it into STD or B for slow traffic which was a bit fiddly. Why don't they just give it one mode that works!

Overall I think its a great attempt by Yamaha, and I am looking forward to what other variants they produce using that engine.

Steve

Looking forward to Thursday... Starting wondering if I should use a sick day on Friday :rolleyes:

I know you will be sick on Friday. If your not, you should be!

I can't believe no one has asked what color yet? I will ask. What color did you get? I'm not usually a fan of black bikes, mostly because they are harder to see, and I want to make sure I'm as visible as possible, but the black FZ-09 with the purpleish blue wheels really works for me. The red is great too with the wheel stripes. The orange isn't bad, but I don't think I would get it with the flat black front fender.

I'm considering one for the wife. She would be moving up from the Ninja 250R. I finally got her to test ride an FZ6R, which she liked better than she thought she would. The 6R may be the better bike for her, but she thinks she would like the Ninja 650 too. Now with the Ninja 300 (not a big enough step in my opinion), the Honda 500 line (again, a small step, not much to them from what I've heard) there are many choices. I've pushed her toward the FZ8, but she isn't interested in the FZ8 or FZ1. She did like the CB1000R because it had a narrow seat and she felt more comfortable on it. I hope the 09 isn't too tall.

I'd actually like to see her get the BMW F800GT and I would get the FJR 1300ES. We would be set to sport-tour anywhere!

Black & Blue!

The 6R is a solid ride cheap on maintenance and does a good job at sport-touring too. I'm keeping mine...

Back