2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Breakout

Dustin

Since Hellgate is a full-patch cruiser rider now, we should have more cruiser talk here! ;)

What do you guys think of this new Harley model?

CVO Breakout Harley | Motorcycle Sport Custom |

I think it actually looks pretty wicked. It's a 700+ lb pig with some new fangled 110 motor. Online, people are saying it's putting down around 100 hp/100 lb-ft on the dyno. That's not half bad!

Last edited:
Put a straight Drag Bar on that bad boy and I'd ride one! Not a bad looking bike. Oh, and I think you mistook Brad for someone else, unless he bought a cruiser and didn't tell me! :shaking head:

Not my cup of tea

My other bike is an Electra Glide so I'm kind of biased toward the baggers. I like having the FZ1 for the speed and handling and the bagger for two-up touring. I see the Breakout as a compromise that isn't going to be great for either purpose.

#30,000 !!!! :jaw drop: ...............think I'd rather have 3 FZ1's or a Speed Triple AND a Tuono !!! The only American air cooled V-twin you're catching riding is my lawn mower.

Harley does manage to get the look right for a cruiser but its just not my cup of tea. If forced I would probably go for a Vmax old or new. :cheers:

Last edited:
Another over-priced vibrator? ;)

Seriously, if it was all that I had for a choice, I'd ride it but there are many in line before I get to that point. :D

I wouldn't buy that @ $5000 (unless I was allowed to turn it for a quick profit)

I think it's U-G-L-Y and is painted to look like a 1970's bowling ball. :retard:

13-hd-cvo-breakout-bs.jpg

I still bet a V-Max would mop the floor with that thing. There are about 100 other bikes I'd rather ride or own before any HD hit my list, and that HD wouldn't be the first HD on my list either. :confused:

For me, I'd want it raised up to a reasonable level, repainted, different wheels, a chromectomy performed, rearsets and I'm still not sure. :cuss:

Maybe something like this...

Yamaha_MT-01_Custom.jpg

:dontknow:

I'm all over a VMAX. I've always wanted one and the second gen that Earlzach has is killer

I can't believe how expensive this new HD is. Give me a break. The styling is great but I'm sure it rides like all the other HD bikes I've tested. Barf

Last edited:
$30,000 is crazy .... but H-D seems to be ahead of the curve in divining what the market will want. First it was the dull, dark colors that were spot on ... then they went to the glittery metalflake for the next generation of bikes. Ka-ching. I don't like H-D's at all from a technical standpoint, but the marketing is pure genious. The H-D lifestyle image makes grown people look foolish (nothing says putz like a 50 yo guy with a ponytail and wearing leather chaps and fringe, along with 2 ft fringe hanging off his handlebar grips) but they have people buying into the look thinking they look cool. What a way to sell an old, out of date product.

My $30,000 motorcycle money would be spent on a Sport Touring bike (new FJR or a Connie 14) and an Adventure Touring bike (Super Tenere or KTM 990).

If I were to buy a cruiser, I still like the Warrior, V-Max or m109. Maybe the Royal Star Venture S. A nice rolling couch. Actually, for a full on touring bike, I'd look at the BMW K1600 or a Hondapotomus too.

2012-BMW-K1600GTL_BCL4519.jpg

Last edited:
$30,000 is crazy .... but H-D seems to be ahead of the curve in divining what the market will want. First it was the dull, dark colors that were spot on ... then they went to the glittery metalflake for the next generation of bikes. Ka-ching. I don't like H-D's at all from a technical standpoint, but the marketing is pure genious. The H-D lifestyle image makes grown people look foolish (nothing says putz like a 50 yo guy with a ponytail and wearing leather chaps and fringe, along with 2 ft fringe hanging off his handlebar grips) but they have people buying into the look thinking they look cool. What a way to sell an old, out of date product.

But do they really guess what the market wants, or does the market want what HD pukes out? It may be a self fulfilling prophecy. :nothing:

But do they really guess what the market wants, or does the market want what HD pukes out? It may be a self fulfilling prophecy. :nothing:

Probably a bit of both, but they are known masters in figuring out the next wave. No one would have guessed younger riders were into the metalflake look but they were and H-D was there to capitalize on it while the other brands were left in the lurch.

#30,000 !!!! :jaw drop: ...............think I'd rather have 3 FZ1's or a Speed Triple AND a Tuono !!! The only American air cooled V-twin you're catching riding is my lawn mower.

Harley does manage to get the look right for a cruiser but its just not my cup of tea. If forced I would probably go for a Vmax old or new. :cheers:

Right!
I rode cruisers for years and I think the CVO is a nice looking bike. $30K - Are they out of their minds!?!?!?!?!

The price is insane. What a rip off! If I had $30,000 sitting around for a bike, I'd buy four good ones and maybe a two stroke scooter to boot

Back