2010 Yamaha FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yamaha's FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer will only get a new ECU map for - increased drivability' for the 2010 model year - " the rest of the bike remains technically unchanged.

More...

Well, I certainly like the two-tone paint scheme that they show in the photo. The Blue/White goes well with the Black.

Yea, it does look nice, but if you see the sticker on the tank says Fazer...meaning it's a non American color scheme :( We always get stuck with the boring color schemes for some reason.

Yea, it does look nice, but if you see the sticker on the tank says Fazer...meaning it's a non American color scheme :( We always get stuck with the boring color schemes for some reason.

I've always said you have a great eye! I was thinking that the naked bike in the second photo was the version from across the pond and that the first photo was from the states. So much for my eyesight.

By the way, did you ever get "the call"? I wound up riding over to Yonkers Raceway for a big car show. My friend from work who has a 67' Vette called me right after I spoke to you to tell me about it. I was great, free admission and a ton of cars. The best part was that its only 15 minutes from the house! I walked around the track twice and took some pictures and was still home in time for lunch.

I've always said you have a great eye! I was thinking that the naked bike in the second photo was the version from across the pond and that the first photo was from the states. So much for my eyesight.

By the way, did you ever get \\"the call\\"? I wound up riding over to Yonkers Raceway for a big car show. My friend from work who has a 67' Vette called me right after I spoke to you to tell me about it. I was great, free admission and a ton of cars. The best part was that its only 15 minutes from the house! I walked around the track twice and took some pictures and was still home in time for lunch.

I only wish Yamaha would bring interesting paint schemes like those here. Might help their sales as the bike looks really sharp in that two-tone paint job.

Yea, I usually notice things that other people miss. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's not...

No call from work today, but I didn't ride anyway, although I was tempted. Took the front of the YZF1000 apart to clean. Also degreased the engine as best I could. Probably should have bought a second can of Gunk...

Post up some pics when you get a chance.

wait and see

Would it be possible to have the 2010 map applied to a 2009 FZ1 and would this be worth doing ?

I will wait to hear the reviews on the 2010 performance and then maybe see if I can get the new software downloaded. Depending on the cost vs. a PCIII.

Rumor from the Tokyo show earlier this week is that the 2011 model will be a complete redo using the many of the 2007/2008 frame/brake/suspension parts--the big news is the the new cross-plane crank engine will be used; but, it is all rumor at this point.

Back