2010 Honda CBF1000 Review

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
While our northern neighbors crave access to the H onda NT700V , a bike that's not in the Canadian Honda lineup, they do enjoy a host of other models we don't get stateside.

More...

Don't you think that would sell in the US? Honda US no longer has the 599 or 919 standard models and I think the CBF1000 would fill a void in their line. Plus, I'd like to consider owning one. I've looked into importing but the local Honda dealer said the warranty would be void in the US.

It is an FZ1 wanna-be and is uber-crap. No one should buy this useless and unstable motorcycle. I am biased................................

FZ1 wanna be? I don't think it looks anything like an FZ1. If anything it looks a little more modern. As far as crap.... I have never known Honda to make any crappy product. Of course I have not ridden one.

FZ1 wanna be? I don't think it looks anything like an FZ1. If anything it looks a little more modern. As far as crap.... I have never known Honda to make any crappy product. Of course I have not ridden one.

Slow steering + 106 (claimed) hp.. Probably has the wobble that occurs right after you crack the throttle in a corner like every Honda I have ever owned had.. Could be my riding style, but my Yamaha's and Kawasaki's never had the wobble.. It is hard to keep the tire load proper on a bike with this wobble until you really get accustomed to it, or get a steering damp.

I have loved every Honda I have owned, my 900rr (first street bike..) carved corners so great that I haven't found a bike with comparable power and handling combinations since.. BUT my gen 1 FZ1 has more power, and is much more smooth w/ OEM jets.

You are right, to my knowledge, Honda has never made a lemon model (AKA Crap.)

Last edited:
Gees guys, does dissing the competition make you feel better?

And I've owned 5+ Honda sport bikes and none of them wobbled as was said here...pure BS.

All the Japanese makers make great products.

Brand loyalty is for Jr. High School twits....l would much rather we were loyal instead to fun motorcycle riding instead.

That CB1000R in the OP link is an awesome bike. Perhaps not as appealing to us as our FZ-1 bikes, but nonetheless a quality bike that I'm sure rides well.

Honda has a sky high reputation for making excellent handling dependable bikes. So does Yamaha so therefore we don't have to dis Honda to make ourselves feel good about choosing the Yamaha.

When I glanced at the the front shot of the the bike, for an instant I thought I saw a scooter!

The proportions look odd to me. The swingarm looks ubber crap too.

I'll pass, never been a Honda fan anyway.

I'm sure it is a quality bike as it is made by Honda, but at 540 lbs. and 106hp... I can't see a reason to buy it over the FZ-1. If I wanted a heavy bike with torque I would buy the Bandit over the CBF1000 and for horsepower and weight the FZ-1 blows this bike away. Again, I have nothing against Honda and I'm sure it's an OK bike, but I just don't see the appeal over the competition. That's just my 2 cents.

forI got my FZ1N i had an 2006 CBF1000 was a great bike and handeled like a dream. never unstable and also quite good at carving corners.

Changed to the FZ1N because i wanted some more power and I liked the naked look more than the semifaired.

I loved my CBR600 F4i. I like the looks of that Honda. I don't really care about the spreadsheets. I say it is about time someone started making bikes that don't look like every other bike on the road. Good for you Honda!

I no likey, however I'm sure it'll do well in its designated market. Honda has a rep for building solid bikes/cars. I've never had a Honda sportsbike, I however do have Honda cruiser. Well it's only three yrs old so I won't mention anything about reliability.

On the other hand, if that weight is true, then the 106hp may/may not fare so well. It all depends on gearing, also remember Honda has a rep for building High Rev engines.

Gees guys, does dissing the competition make you feel better?

And I've owned 5+ Honda sport bikes and none of them wobbled as was said here...pure BS.

All the Japanese makers make great products.

Brand loyalty is for Jr. High School twits....l would much rather we were loyal instead to fun motorcycle riding instead.

That CB1000R in the OP link is an awesome bike. Perhaps not as appealing to us as our FZ-1 bikes, but nonetheless a quality bike that I'm sure rides well.

Honda has a sky high reputation for making excellent handling dependable bikes. So does Yamaha so therefore we don't have to dis Honda to make ourselves feel good about choosing the Yamaha.

How was I dissing the competition? I said right in that post that my kawa's never had the issue. It isn't BS, it has happened to me with every honda, I'm glad you haven't had the problem, but don't call bs on me.. I'm certainly not a professional rider but I have many hours on different bikes and know how to ride!

I have loved every honda that I owned.. ALSO said that in the post. READ IT

LOL! Howard!

I was a Honda guy through and through for many years! And I got bit a few times for it. I do not feel the same that the Honda products are equal to Yamaha hence my switching loyalties. Being loyal to a brand is not HS crap when experience and hard earned money lend a hand. I am sorry you feel that way about our comments but I am not retracting my opinion of Honda vs. Yamaha quality.

It's also the same reason I've driven Toyota vehicles for 26 years skip a few.... where I strayed to buy "American" and lost my shirt. I learned from those mistakes well. My money goes to quality, dependable, reliable rides that hold a value.

:tup:

I have zero brand loyalty. For my next bike I have to pick between Suzuki, Ducati, MV Agusta, Triumph or BMW. I want to try them all.

Still this banter is totally unappealing to me. Even with personal experiences and all considered. One of those pointless conversations that feels like the "other site". Or SBN [shudders]

Last edited:
Back