2010+ ecu...

schot1984

Considering going that route rather than the TCE for my 2006.

Please let me know if you have one or find one. I saw the GENII one on ebay, but I'd rather have a 2010 or newer.

Considering going that route rather than the TCE for my 2006. Please let me know if you have one or find one. I saw the GENII one on ebay, but I'd rather have a 2010 or newer.

Why?. Buy a PC3 & get it dynoed. She will be as smooth as silk. I have an 06 with PC3 & dynoed setup, it is as good as any bike i have ridden. It's all in your wrist and how smooth you are on the gas.

yep, if you don't fully release the throttle theres no snatch, so before you dive into a corner, make sure your speed is good instead of having to brake & go back on the throttle inside the corner..

Although the ECU might be a slightly cheaper option, the dyno smoothes out the power curve, might give you some extra bhp, and possibly increases fuel efficiency..

On the 06 ECU, using an FCE will fix it but you most likely still need the PC3 and and some sort of tune. The 07 to 09 will work almost all the time with just the tune. The 10- ECU works lots better and with a tune, is even better on per most reports. Lots of us are running free tunes from the Dukes map file. Most people go FCE first and never realized how good the bike could be with just the PC3.

I am picky and if I owned an 06, I would start with the 10 ECU. I have a 08 ECU and simply can not find anything I find as a issue in any sort of semi legal riding. Sure I guess I could run 3rd up to 11500 then snap the throttle to zero, dust the brakes to get the RPM back to 8500 and roll the throttle back on to test for a slight delay but the entire test would be around 90 MPH. I simply do not run my bike in those conditions very often on the street. I have never felt anything objectionable once once I got the PC3 dialed in. My map is in the Dukes set.

AW

Last edited:
My FZ1N 2010 has excellent fueling especially now that I have had it custom dyno tuned with a PCV.
I just came back from riding some of the twistiest corners I have ever ridden (Mt Beauty and Mt Hotham) and the bike behaved itself beautifully when switching from off to on throttle

Because until you two, everyone says you can't fix the snatch with PCIII.

I didn't say the pc3/5 would eliminate the snatch, BUT the snatch only occurs when going back on the gas. And you should never go back on the gas when speeding through a corner leaning over, even if you get a FCE, thats just poor driving.
And some people believe the snatch is noticable if they close the throttle, and pull it open hard, the bike pikes up hard and they get thrown back a bit.
eh yea but its a 140bhp+ machine, it does that..

Back