2009 Yamaha OEM Lower Cowl

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Very simple install! Today was finally something above freezing so I seized the opportunity!

Here is a before shot:
attachment.php

The kit and instructions:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Grommets installed with the bushings (bushing are pushed through from the inside toward the outside)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Left and right brackets installed:
attachment.php

attachment.php

After shots!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I truly believe the cowl transforms the look of the bike. That looks like an aggressive predator ready to attack. LOVE IT!

Good step by step too! Thanks!

I had one on the FZ6 as well and really liked the looks, sort of headed toward the street fighter look but the Copperdog bike with the blue and white strips has me REALLY wishing!

I may write to him to see if I can get a better deal by ordering the screen, seat cowl, blinker pods (full set) and the FE kit all at the same time. Without a discount, it is $1,177.00! I'd like to tansform this bike into a one of a kind.

Instead of the white, what other color would you put with the blue? Gold? ('09 has back forks) Silver? (Matches other small parts on the bike) Blue with what???

I had one on the FZ6 as well and really liked the looks, sort of headed toward the street fighter look but the Copperdog bike with the blue and white strips has me REALLY wishing!

I may write to him to see if I can get a better deal by ordering the screen, seat cowl, blinker pods (full set) and the FE kit all at the same time. Without a discount, it is $1,177.00! I'd like to tansform this bike into a one of a kind.

Instead of the white, what other color would you put with the blue? Gold? ('09 has back forks) Silver? (Matches other small parts on the bike) Blue with what???

Go Michigan State Colors. Blue and Gold. You can't go wrong with that. I've never seen it done before.

Go Michigan State Colors. Blue and Gold. You can't go wrong with that. I've never seen it done before.

I know of at least one other member that would like to see that! :D

I do like that idea and actually think it can be pulled off even without the gold forks. Thanks Billy!

Well I guess now I have to go and get one for my bike too...lol. Seriously after I finish putting my YZF1000 back together I am going to get the lower cowl for my FZ1 for sure.

As for what other colors to do the stripes in...if not the white, then I would do silver that matches the other bits on the bike. I am not feeling the gold...

Well I guess now I have to go and get one for my bike too...lol. Seriously after I finish putting my YZF1000 back together I am going to get the lower cowl for my FZ1 for sure.

As for what other colors to do the stripes in...if not the white, then I would do silver that matches the other bits on the bike. I am not feeling the gold...

It really sets the bike apart from the whole naked theme. Love this look!

If I had the gold forks, I could see the gold strips but I think Silver is the best possible option too. Thanks Tony!

Thanks for taking the time out to take install pics and instructions.
It looks like it's a piece of piss to install.
I will be fitting mine up tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time out to take install pics and instructions.
It looks like it's a piece of piss to install.
I will be fitting mine up tomorrow.

Only thing I would caution you on is not to leave the oil pan bolts off for too long or it will leak. I started putting mine on and took a break while the oil pan bolts were off. Came back a few hours later to find a nice puddle of oil in the garage. That being said it's a very easy project. You should easily be done in less than a half hour.

Back