2009 FZ1 question

I have found a brand new blue 2009 FZ1 and am inches frokm making a deal to trade my FZ6R and begin my FZ1N project. The bike is not local, however, and I can't tell exactly what colour the wheels are. I want to make sure they will suit my plans before I buy it, because Yamaha has an amazing factory finish and I don't want to mess with it. What colour, exactly, did the blue 2009 FZ1 come with?

I have found a brand new blue 2009 FZ1 and am inches frokm making a deal to trade my FZ6R and begin my FZ1N project. The bike is not local, however, and I can't tell exactly what colour the wheels are. I want to make sure they will suit my plans before I buy it, because Yamaha has an amazing factory finish and I don't want to mess with it. What colour, exactly, did the blue 2009 FZ1 come with?

The rims are what I call bronze. Some call it a dull gold others call it metallic puke green. The 2009 are a bit of an odd color. This is the best I can do for you as a sample. It is the one thing I eventually plan to powder coat.

5079d1294506643-2009-fz1-question-dsc00053.jpg

I assume you mean Renfrew, Ontario, Canada. North America and Europe have different options for colors and the N is not available in North America. As far as I know, the '09 came in cobalt blue and raven/granite gray combo for North America with the wheels as described above. I believe '09 had black forks, where all other Gen II ('06 on) have gold forks (not the color of the '09 wheels).

I hope that helps.

Edit: I think the 2011 has black wheels and black forks too, but it's only offered in silver.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I'm sort of torn now. I can't say I like that colour much, but I can't justify $35/mo extra for the next 7 years just to get black rims.

How about buying the FZ1 and then taking the wheels to be powder coated? It wouldn't be all that much, maybe $75 to $100 for each wheel. :D

I had an '09 FZ1 in Cobalt Blue. It was very handsome in my opinion. I saw an '09 FZ1 in the showroom in the granite gray color and actually thought it was a very sublime rendition of the bike as well.

Hmmm... I'm sort of torn now. I can't say I like that colour much, but I can't justify $35/mo extra for the next 7 years just to get black rims.

I would have to agree with you. If it is only the looks of the bike that you are after it certainly is hard to justify paying an additional $2800 for the new bike.

Back