2009 FZ1 Pricing

That is a pretty good price. It isn't the steal of the century, but definitely fair. That is close to what I paid for my brand new 2009 FZ1 last summer.

Got them down to around $7300 but because of all the back and forth non since I actually found a pre owned 08 with 4000 miles for 2 grand less! Needs to say It will be in my garage next week :) :icon_beer:

Ill post pics in the new member forum.

Don't know what happened in the colonies, but here in mother England, the end of 2009 saw a minimum 20% price hike across the Yamaha range.

This resulted in the FZ1N price jumping from £7500 to £9000.The price is now nearer £10,000. The buying price is eased by low cost finance, but it's still a big chunk of change to hand over

With today's £/$ exchange rate of $1.55 to the £, i think you chaps may just be riding around on the bargain of the year!

We pay £70:00 road tax / year and after the bike's 3 year old have to get it tested annually at a cost of £30:00.

Insurance for me this year (50yr young) over 10 years no claims discount with a clean licence is about £200.

How do these prices compare to our Colonial cousins?

Sob story over, I'll be passing the cap around in a while

Apologies for thread hijacking

:icon_beer:

It sux here in Australia too.
My bike is $16900 on the road and we are 1 for 1 with the US dollar.
We are really getting shafted over here and that's with everything not just motorcycles.

Don't know what happened in the colonies, but here in mother England, the end of 2009 saw a minimum 20% price hike across the Yamaha range.

This resulted in the FZ1N price jumping from £7500 to £9000.The price is now nearer £10,000. The buying price is eased by low cost finance, but it's still a big chunk of change to hand over

With today's £/$ exchange rate of $1.55 to the £, i think you chaps may just be riding around on the bargain of the year!

We pay £70:00 road tax / year and after the bike's 3 year old have to get it tested annually at a cost of £30:00.

Insurance for me this year (50yr young) over 10 years no claims discount with a clean licence is about £200.

How do these prices compare to our Colonial cousins?

Sob story over, I'll be passing the cap around in a while

Apologies for thread hijacking

:icon_beer:

Bear in mind, the pricing you're reading about in this thread is for left over model years and used bikes. The retail price for a 2009 FZ1 was $9790, 2010-$10,290, and 2011-$10,490. Still, your point is not deminished.

They are a bargin in the States and that's exactly why I stopped looking after I rode one. I paid $7,300 (4,561 GBP) for a new '08 in the summer of '09.

Our vehicle tax varies by State. My state of Washington (not Washington DC) charges $30 (18.75 GBP) annually.

My annual insurance premium, for full coverage, is around $450 (281 GBP). Simple liability-the legal minimum-would be around $100 (62 GBP)

Trade agreements are funny things. Why should your Yamahas cost so much more? Is the VAT part of the price you're quoting? Obviously, we have no VAT-yet.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi All,

All prices quoted were on the road.

The word across here is that when the recession bit in early 2009, Yamaha had to reduce their output by approx 15%, so put the price of the bikes up to compensate.

We still get 'last years model' bargains when there's a significant model change.

A 2010 Kawasaki ZX10R was selling for about £11,000 on the road. with the arrival of the 2011 model, last years bikes can be had for £7'500, including a performance can, double bubble screen, crash bobbins, paddock stands and a few other bits and pieces.

Don't, however mention the price of petrol £1:25 a LITRE.

Rant over

Who's pinched the sun ?

Keep it shiny side up
:UK flag::UK flag:

Got them down to around $7300 but because of all the back and forth non since I actually found a pre owned 08 with 4000 miles for 2 grand less! Needs to say It will be in my garage next week :) :icon_beer:

Ill post pics in the new member forum.
i have a nice black n granite 09 with 4k miles ,two bros slip on,integrated taillight,fender eliminator,short adj.levers for 6000 in wisconsin email me for pics [email protected] will meet part way

Back