2008 fz1 ivans performance package?

fazertazer1

Hey guys new here and new to the fz1 world. Just bought my first fz1 about a month ago. Haven't even rode it yet because we have too much snow here in Michigan lol. Anyways the guy I bought the bike from told me that the bike had the ivans performance package. Anyway I can tell for sure? It has a pc5 and a Yoshi pipe. Also has the 2 cent ais mod. I haven't pulled the tank to see if the flies have been modified or if the air box has been modified. Ivans website says they re flash the ecu with their package also. Any input on how I could tell if I have this package would be great. Thanks

Hey guys new here and new to the fz1 world. Just bought my first fz1 about a month ago. Haven't even rode it yet because we have too much snow here in Michigan lol. Anyways the guy I bought the bike from told me that the bike had the ivans performance package. Anyway I can tell for sure? It has a pc5 and a Yoshi pipe. Also has the 2 cent ais mod. I haven't pulled the tank to see if the flies have been modified or if the air box has been modified. Ivans website says they re flash the ecu with their package also. Any input on how I could tell if I have this package would be great. Thanks

Congrats on the new bike.

Is it Ivan's FCE full package or Ivan's ECU flashed package?

There will be an engraved number on the ECU with a huge Ivans Performance sticker on it if you have had the ECU flashed.

If you find an FCE connected then the ECU hasn't been flashed.

There will be an engraved number on the ECU with a huge Ivans Performance sticker on it if you have had the ECU flashed.

Does ivan offer more than one package? I was told that you can't stack a flashed ecu with with a power commander. So that confused me with what they listed on their site. Where is the ecu located and fce is fuel cut eliminator correct? Sorry new to these bikes.

Ok thanks. Now where do I find the ecu.
the black box where the plugs hook up to, is the ecu
6.jpg

Does ivan offer more than one package? I was told that you can't stack a flashed ecu with with a power commander. So that confused me with what they listed on their site. Where is the ecu located and fce is fuel cut eliminator correct? Sorry new to these bikes.

Both of Ivan's packages are mated with either a Power Commander III or Power Commander V.

Another easy way to determine would be look at the map on the PC. It would probably be named. If not you could compare to someone with same mods

Consider trying out some of the free maps on this and the other site.

Do they make the MOST HP? Maybe, maybe not. Is that what your after? Most of us value driveability as much as outright max power.
And thats the beauty of EFI and the PC3/5. Its sooo easy changing your map and trying something else.

what's the difference between the fce full package and the ecu flashed package?

what's the difference between the fce full package and the ecu flashed package?

The FCE is the Fuel Cut Eliminator. It can be had separately but is now included as part of Ivan's reflash. He released the FCE a few years back before the reflash became available a bit less than a year ago.

You are set with what's out there power wise without getting in the engine.

Also, the flash has the added benefits of full power in gears 1-3. Increased timing, more accurate secondary flies operation, cooler temperature and generally excellent drive ability.

You're laughing to get a bike this sorted out, it should be great fun to ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yup I'm geeked sounds like I got lucky on my buy and I pretty much set on performance mods. Can't wait to ride it. Thanks for all of your input guys.

Not sure what you are used to performance wise in Motorcycles so make sure and hold on tight and get ready to be on one wheel in at least first gear wahooo!!!

Yup I'm geeked sounds like I got lucky on my buy and I pretty much set on performance mods. Can't wait to ride it. Thanks for all of your input guys.

Man, I'm jealous! You are all set without having to go to all the trouble of making the mods. You should have great fun on the bike if the weather ever gets warm again. Enjoy, and post about your impressions when you do get the bike out.

Back