2007 FZ1 Dyno run; Akra+BMC+pcV

Drinky

So I had a powercommander 5 installed today, fits perfectly under the rubber strap on top of the battery.
Also have a akrapovic carbon exhaust and BMC air filter.
Attached is the final dyno run after it had been mapped by a dutch company called Power-Point.
Not bad right?
5312d1297510819-2007-fz1-dyno-run-akra-bmc-pcv-roll-.jpg

That looks like pretty good power for a slip-on system.
Have you gutted the cat in the headers? They say it's good for another 7-8 HP.
More importantly, how does the bike feel to you? Does it feel better, go harder?

Don't think im going to gut the cat, as theres no going back and a new one would be pricey.
but the powerband is smoothed out, its constant throughout the RPM range.
and 140 bhp is sufficient (at least for now ;) )
Feels much more alive and all I could think when I rode it the first time, was 'wow' :)

If you are worried about having to someday having to replace your gutted cat, just start saving for a full system. You will be able to return it to stock if need be and you will pick up a whole lot in the midrange to boot.

Oh and nice run for the mods you have.

Yea I read about the airbox mod, not sure about that one either. I did blockoff the AIS,
but actually cutting into the airbox.. not sure, if you read the entire topic you posted, there are different opinions there, would like to see a dyno run before and after.
Maybe top end bhp would increase, but if my low end torque would suffer, I'd rather stick with the 140rwp.
My next mod is definately gonna be replacing the shocks.

Yea I read about the airbox mod, not sure about that one either. I did blockoff the AIS,
but actually cutting into the airbox.. not sure, if you read the entire topic you posted, there are different opinions there, would like to see a dyno run before and after.
Maybe top end bhp would increase, but if my low end torque would suffer, I'd rather stick with the 140rwp.
My next mod is definately gonna be replacing the shocks.

It's a proven mod...no power loss, only gains. From Ivan's Performance website. Bike had other mods, but the two runs show the difference between stock airbox/filter vs modified airbox/race filter. You can view other dyno runs on his page here.

IMvsIMabmod.gif

Don't think im going to gut the cat, as theres no going back and a new one would be pricey.
but the powerband is smoothed out, its constant throughout the RPM range.
and 140 bhp is sufficient (at least for now ;) )
Feels much more alive and all I could think when I rode it the first time, was 'wow' :)

I agree about not being able to go back to stock, that's why I just ordered a set of Arrow headers. Pretty good results for minimal mods.

Is it possible to get the arrow headers and use the akra exhaust??
the previous owner pretty much ruined the current headers by not maintaining em..
That would be a mod I'd consider then.

Last edited:
Is it possible to get the arrow headers and use the akra exhaust??
the previous owner pretty much ruined the current headers by not maintaining em..
That would be a mod I'd consider then.

Yes, that's why I will be getting them. The Arrow headers fit to aftermarket slip-on mufflers that fit the stock headers.
I also have an Akra slip-on so I'll let you all know how it performs once I get them in a couple of weeks.
Check out this thread for more info: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/10177-arrow-headers.html

Last edited:
Back