SOLD , 4/5/12, $4,500.

View attachment 9643

View attachment 9644

View attachment 9647

View attachment 9645

View attachment 9646

View attachment 9648

View attachment 9649

2006 FZ1, 28,454 miles, red, only two owners, all maintenance is documented.

All services done at 24,500 miles, valves, coolant, brake fluid, air filter, EBC HH Brake pads, new flywheel, and rectifier.

Mods include:

1) '05 R1 fork
2) '05 R1 front radial brakes, and MC
3) Fren tubo stainless steel brakelines
4) Corbin Saddles
5) 2006 ECU with ECUnleased Flash - butter smooth
6) Anti vibration weights in handlebars
7) Graves Racing Sharkfin (toe guard)
8) 520 SuperSprox sprocket, RK new X-ring chain and countershaft sprocket. About 250 miles on all.
9) Rear Fender Eliminator Kit.
10) Swingarm Spools for rear stand

View attachment 9642

In outstanding condition.

Located in Austin, TX. Can deliver to major metro areas in Texas; Austin area, Houston, SA, Dallas Metro, etc. For El Paso we'd have to talk. Maybe meet in Junction?

PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Photos and final price to be posted later this weekend.

2006 FZ1, 28,454 miles, red.

All services done at 24,500 miles, valves, coolant, brake fluid, air filter, EBC HH Brake pads,

Mods include:

1) Motovation sliders
2) '05 R1 fork
3) '05 R1 front radial brakes, and MC
4) Fren tubo stainless steel brakelines
5) Corbin Saddles
6) ECU reflashed with ECUnleashed flash, lots of power, butter smooth

In outstanding condition.

Located in Austin, TX. Can deliver to major metro areas in Texas.

PM me if interested.

WTF?

What's going on Pete?

Great talking to you yesterday Pete. Sure is a sharp bike. Entertaining the idea of flying out and riding home...Since I know you've taken great care of this bike and it is set up for me. Lol.

How come your sig doens't match you list of mod's in the ad? Did you remove some mods, or just forget them?

Hi Ryan - I enjoyed speaking with you yesterday.

I sold the major mods off the bike. I always keep the stock parts I take off for a mod as they don't bring any more money when you go to sell the bike. It helps keep the cost of the hobby a little more reasonable, well, kind of...

I also have signatures turned off as it helps keep the pages shorter and less cluttered. Honestly I'm not even sure what is on my signature. I guess I should check.

Did you look at the '05 last night?

OH...bummer....I really wish it still had the exhaust and shock...Not sure it is worth all extra cost for me now :( Still be a nice little adventure though...

Your new bike is a BEAUT!!!

I just looked at the '05, and it turns out it was dropped... No nessed up really bad, just a small scratch on the fairing and a scuff on the mirror, but unfortunately the whole fairing is pushed slightly to the left :( Me, being the perfectionist i am, was driven nuts on the test ride by it. Only mod was a GYTR slip-on, so far as he knows. Only 17k miles, runs perfect, but I"m really leaning towards EFI...I"m just not a carb guy...

I stopped in Charlotte on the way here, and they have a BRAND NEW 2009 w/ 0 miles, for $7510 OTD. I have to decide tonight (the deals end tomorrow and they don't know what they'll be in April) if I want to spend the extra $2k for a new bike or spend $5500-$6000 for a used '07-'09 w/ 6-20k miles... Most of these bikes are pretty much stock anyways. Any thoughts...

Keep in mind, I"m putting at least 10k miles per year on it...

Oh yeah, the new '09 is black & charcoal or whatever they call it. Personally, i think it is kinda ugly. Its like, black then its charcoal. THere's no blending or transition, it looks like they ran out of black parts and put on another color... Christina (my wife) likes it though....

Last edited:
I've owned a lot of bikes over the years and want them the way I want them to be, so I bought a new '08 last year $6999 OTD.

The used ones around this area at that time were pricey and none offered anything I really wanted. I haven't regretted my decision. I already have a ton of changes in store for mine, just finding the time is my only prob (work....).

Back