2005 Yamaha fz1000 clutch problem

Hey guys so I have a 2005 Yamaha fz1 and recently did a clutch change.i replaced the clutch friction plates and springs.but as I was doing so I believe I mixed up the friction plates order.do they have to be in as pacific order and if so does anyone know what it may be.i put it in as good as I could but not knowing too much about clutches.and when in the clutch seems to have way to much play to even engage the cane to the lever when assembled if anybody has any info on the order of the plates ide really appreciate it so I can get my baby back on the road.i love these bike they are a blast.

Hey guys so I have a 2005 Yamaha fz1 and recently did a clutch change.i replaced the clutch friction plates and springs.but as I was doing so I believe I mixed up the friction plates order.do they have to be in as pacific order and if so does anyone know what it may be.i put it in as good as I could but not knowing too much about clutches.and when in the clutch seems to have way to much play to even engage the cane to the lever when assembled if anybody has any info on the order of the plates ide really appreciate it so I can get my baby back on the road.i love these bike they are a blast.

There is definitely a specific order in which the plates are installed.
Check out this video. It will give you the order in which the steel plates and fiber plates are installed.

Back