2003 Gen 1 First Ever Spark Plug Change

Liter Machine

Ok people of the FZ1 Universe I got one for you! As I have just recently put my 2003 Bee away for the wintertime it has come to that time to do work on it over the winter time! From it's date of birth to now almost 2012 the plugs have never been changed and the bike has ran great it now has 53,000 kms on it that's around 30 to 40 thousand miles I think, I hate the metric system! So I'm finally going to change them just because it's been 9 years with the same ones! Since it's been 9 years is it stiil the best thing to go with is the stock flat surface NGK plugs?

My first spark plug change since buying the bike brand new!

Cheers

Ok people of the FZ1 Universe I got one for you! As I have just recently put my 2003 Bee away for the wintertime it has come to that time to do work on it over the winter time! From it's date of birth to now almost 2012 the plugs have never been changed and the bike has ran great it now has 53,000 kms on it that's around 30 to 40 thousand miles I think, I hate the metric system! So I'm finally going to change them just because it's been 9 years with the same ones! Since it's been 9 years is it stiil the best thing to go with is the stock flat surface NGK plugs?

My first spark plug change since buying the bike brand new!

Cheers

Man thats a sweet looking Bee! If I were you I'd just go with the stock CR9E's. They are a great plug and for street use you'd never feel the difference between them and a different plug.

Man thats a sweet looking Bee! If I were you I'd just go with the stock CR9E's. They are a great plug and for street use you'd never feel the difference between them and a different plug.

Thanks very much it's a labour of love my Bee does and has the following:

139 hp / 80 ft lbs Torque

10.43 in a 1/4 mile run this past summer

Cheers

Back