2003 FZ1 stolen/found in need of a few parts

Hello I had my 2003 FZ1 stolen 4 months back and it was just found. The little bastards who stole it just started to part it out. They stole the trim piece that the cowls fasten to (inner cowl?), the entire right side peg/shifter/brake assembly and they cut the rear brake line and took the master cylinder but left the reservoir. They started to take off the right side engine case but didnt. It looks like there is a cover missing. There are quite a few bolts missing and its leaking a bit of oil. I'm just starting to look the bike over so if you guys see something missing let me know! If anyone can help me out with parts shoot me a pm. Thanks!!
Here are a few pics.....

SD530048.jpg

SD530050.jpg

SD530049.jpg

Hello I had my 2003 FZ1 stolen 4 months back and it was just found. The little bastards who stole it just started to part it out. They stole the trim piece that the cowls fasten to (inner cowl?), the entire right side peg/shifter/brake assembly and they cut the rear brake line and took the master cylinder but left the reservoir. They started to take off the right side engine case but didnt. It looks like there is a cover missing. There are quite a few bolts missing and its leaking a bit of oil. I'm just starting to look the bike over so if you guys see something missing let me know! If anyone can help me out with parts shoot me a pm. Thanks!!
Here are a few pics.....

SD530048.jpg

SD530050.jpg

SD530049.jpg

I swear if I ever see someone stealing a bike i'll kill them, or really beat them up badly!!

I am no Gen 1 expert but it looks like the covers that go over the ends of the air box are gone to. The bolts for the passenger peg hangers and a few bolts off the right side engine cover (near the top).

Was the bike crashed as well?

I sure want to kick the crap out of who ever stole my bike!! The bike was not crashed. It went down on its side and has a few new scratches in the engine case and the bar ends. Not bad at all. What sux is they stole it back in July so I was out a lot of the season with no ride! Punks. Funny thing is it was found less than 1/4 of a mile from my house in an apartment building parking lot. Someone called it in as abandoned for the past 2 weeks. They told the cops it was just sitting in the parking lot uncovered for 2 weeks. BS!!! The bike was clean as a whistle so it was obviously covered or garaged this whole time. Fishy.....

Last edited:
Back