2001 FZ1 Modification Ideas and questions.

I just got a 2001 FZ1, not my first FZ1 but I plan on keeping this one for more than a week unlike the 2005 I got and sold a week later.

I am wondering what mods to do and if the mods I want to complete are worth it. Also if these mods are recomended where are the best places to get them.
Mods I want to complete.
1. Stage 2 jet kit with advancer and pod filters.
2. replace rubber pieces on carbs to engine.
3. New ASV levers
4. What bags are best if I ride a lot with my wife.
5. Is a new seat like a corbin or sargent worth it?

My bike is mostly stock except for exhaust, grips, and what looks to be a throttle lock that doesn't work. The FZ1 has 24k miles on it, and runs pretty good for the most part, not as good as my 2005 ran though. I have noticed a rattleing sound around 8000 rpm's in every gear just not sure where or what it is coming from if anyone might have an idea of what may cause that it would be appreciated.

Only other thing in my bike is a small box with no label under the seat with I think 6 to 8 little switches that looks to be tied into the electrical system somehow. Any idea to what this would be would be appreciated.

I will try to post some pics later, but look forward to any imput on what I should or shouldn't do.

Thank you,
Gregory T.

A blower :eek5: thats the equilivant to a hooker here lol

well asides from all the posts you will get on the other forum

performance

ivans or dale walker if tiz pods pm me as i know of a sweet deal going on

mods

list is endless from frame plugs to seat choice
from bar ends to footpegs

suspension

speak to traxxion

or see my thread else were re r6 rear shock

see wolftamers posts on pending r1 front end

these are just for starters

another good tip is to view the gallery gives loadsa idea's

luke

New Seat?

I'm just getting an '03 with a torn seat! I like the seat as is, but the cover needs to be replaced. I looked at seargent and rifle, too many ducketts for my budget. I looked at local reupholstery shops. Custom 2-tone seat for $120 before tax. Might be an option for you?

Only other thing in my bike is a small box with no label under the seat with I think 6 to 8 little switches that looks to be tied into the electrical system somehow. Any idea to what this would be would be appreciated.

I will try to post some pics later, but look forward to any imput on what I should or shouldn't do.

Thank you,
Gregory T.

That may be a Speedo Healer or something to that effect. Maybe you have an aftermarket front or rear sprocket. As you have said, pictures would help immensley. Congrats on the 01'. I am very partial to those!

I have noticed a rattleing sound around 8000 rpm's in every gear just not sure where or what it is coming from if anyone might have an idea of what may cause that it would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Gregory T.

The rattling may be coming from your ex-up valve located in the header collector. See the FZ1OA site for service instructions.

Well done, Good sir!

Here's another seat cover option: - YAMAHA FZ1 (01-05) Seat Cover #SB-Y041

I'm waiting to see what others think about them before I place my order. I just took some of the slope out and added memory foam to one of my stockers. I really like the change and was hoping to get a new cover too when I found out about that link.

That really is good looking seat, and the price is unreal. Is it waterproof it looks almost perferated? Sturdy? Wish I had seen it before I ordered mine!

I don't know. Some guys mentioned using them for other bikes, you might want to do an internet search to see if you can find some feedback. I'm waiting on the guinea pigs on the rehto forum to try it before I order mine!

I've got two seats, but I'm only going to buy a cover for the one without the case mounted to it. The way I mounted the case to the seat, I cut the cover. It's in great shape but I don't want to do that to a brand new cover. I'm going to stick with black but use two different types for contrast.

Check you exhaust, I had a noise at about 7000 rpm drove me nuts then one day a bumped my yoshi and there was the noise. It was a loose bolt.
Box under seat I would say speedo healer.

Back