2001 Blue FZ1 for sale

I'm posting this here first... it'll go on Craigslist locally for about $4200 or so.. the forum price will be $3600 firm.

Pictures will be added once I have a chance to clean the bike and take some.

Gave her a bath and took some shots today... all pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trovatoam/sets/72157629761801853/

IMG_3809 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3828 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3811 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3813 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3815 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3817 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3818 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

Mileage is about 38,810 miles... but I never put a speedo-healer on it when I did the gearing... so... I did gearing at 9,000 miles.. everything after that is off by about 18%

IMG_3820 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3825 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3832 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3833 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

You can see my little dent in the tank on this one below... as well as the scratches on the bar end and lever...

IMG_3834 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3842 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

Penske

IMG_3840 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

IMG_3841 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

Mods:
AK-20 Cartridges up front
1.10 Springs from Traxxion - Less than 2k miles on the front suspension
Short windscreen for better windflow
Pazzo Levers
Rizoma Grips
Rizoma Bar-Ends
1" Risers (with risers installed, I currently have the bars at stock height. Take out the bolts, flip the risers, you're 1" higher)
Steel Fren Tubo brake lines front and rear.
Stomp grip
New EBC HH Pads up front.
BT016's front and rear.
Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat with backrest
Givi Monokey Luggage System with top and side racks
Givi 360 Sidecases (2)
Gilles Rearsets
520 chain conversion w/ 15/47 gearing (steel front, Stealth Sprocket Rear)
Penske 8983 Rear Shock
Integrated Rear Turn Signals
LED Front signals (almost flush-mount)
Jetted
Airbox Mod
K&N Filter
FactoryPro Timing Advance
MIVV GP Carbon Slip-On
EBC Clutch Springs
Carbon Fiber Fairing Inserts (left side has 3 cracks)
New OEM Battery last July

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff... I'll add as I remember, and I'll try to add pictures soon.

Last edited:
Also coming soon will be all related gear

1 Teknic 2 piece insulated suit (pants 44, Jacket 54)
1 Fieldsheer Leather 2 piece suit (jacket w/ race hump) Jacket size 52, pants 44(maybe 42) short
Oxtar Boots Size 45
Held Akira Gloves
Joe Rocket Winter Gloves
Icon Summer Gloves
Shoei X-11 XL Blue/White Helmet
Soft Tailbag and Tankbag - Nelson Rigg
probably some more stuff here as well.

Sorry to see you selling the bike, but given what you posted about the other day (lack of riding) it may be the thing to do.

I haven't been riding much either, but not considering selling any bikes yet...

GLWS :tup:

I'm sure that before long, I'll get back into it... but right now, life has taken a turn.. and while I don't NEED to sell it.. I just feel bad for it sitting around... I'd rather have it go to someone who will ride it...

I'm sure I'll get another one in a few years... but I was tossing around the idea of selling... and the amount of jobs I've sold at work lately will be keeping me busy for quite some time... I've got to build a wind-turbine, remodel a highschool, build a few security rooms in a corporate warehouse, etc etc... it just keeps coming... it's a good problem to have.. but it doesn't allow much time for riding.

That's a sweet deal, and very tempting. If I could pull a spare $3600 out of the bank right now, I'd buy it and ride it home

I should imagine it won't last long, good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
Thanks Dustin!

I tried to price it pretty reasonably... for what I've got on it, you're basically buying the mods and getting a free bike out of it.

I tossed around the idea of ripping it apart and selling it a piece at a time... but I just can't bear to rip it apart... I've put way too much time, love, and money into it to see it ripped apart and pieced out.

Also... fly-n-buy's are welcome... I'll pick you up at the airport, you can crash in my spare bedroom.... I'll feed you a nice dinner and send you on your way with a full tank.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that your baby is for sale Aaron, but I know whomever buys it will have an awesome bike to ride, especially with all the great mods you have put into it. I know you'll be back, maybe on something fuel injected???? Best of luck with the sale my friend!

aaaannnnnnnd SOLD.

New owner is coming to pick it up Sunday afternoon.

Man, you without a bike is kind of weird. You've been on the other forum forever. I remember following the story of your dad's shop. And then your wedding. I hope you still post on both forums.

Since the bike is sold....

Here's why.

10145d1334495967-2001-blue-fz1-sale-image0.jpg
10146d1334495967-2001-blue-fz1-sale-image0-001.jpg

Back