2 Wheel DynoWorks Flashtune Group Buy

batches of 5 get the flash for $175, this is $25 off the regular price of $200

info on 2wdw flash
http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-general-discussion/20383-flashtune.html
Flash Tune Results - FZ1OA Message Board

Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks used FlashTune software to flash my 09 fz1. after a few hours of development, we have a final product. For $200, you can also have this flash. this isn't me or my money, 2 Wheel DynoWorks is selling its custom developed flash, i'm just offering it. 2 Wheel DynoWorks . The list of options on this bike is so convenient. no more need for a grand in extra accessories, now it's just a reflash and boom, pretty much done.

So, after a nice long few hours fiddling with FlashTune, here's the skinny. There's not much performance to gain on the FZ-1 through flashing, almost none actually, over a slip on with a power commander tune. There are nice secondary options that are very nice though. With some advanced timing through the gears we picked up 3hp and 2tq.

So just to start, my 09 fz1 has a gytr slip on with a pc3 and custom fuel mapping tuned by 2 Wheel DynoWorks by Nels. so, the flashtune flash we developed is being compared to that in this write up. not just from stock exactly. compared to stock, there is a lot of awesome to be gained by the flash. if you already have a pc3+slip on+custom dyno tune, it's not getting you a huge bump in performance as much as little other things that are awesome. a stock bike, would be getting all those extras plus a nice bump in performance.

The nice things about flashtune, was the secondary abilities we were able to fiddle with.

For example, turning on the fans earlier, mine come on at 195 and turn off at 198 now, but we can set em to whatever you want.

Rev limiter raised to 12,200, but power falls off at around 11,800ish anyway so it's not really doing much

fuel cut disabled

exup valve/motor disabled

ais disabled, means you dont need block off plates or a resistor for the pump since you dont have to remove it now. block off plates take over an hour and are a giant pain in the backside on this bike too.

secondary throttle plates, don't change much, the stock map is about as good as it gets. we fiddled and fiddled but it all resulted in loss of velocity, aka the stock stp table pretty much is as good as it gets.

speedo correction, fixed, can be done by sprocket size too if you change sprockets

the ignition advances are where any real changes come into play. compared to the slip on with pc3 tune, there's no dip in power where the hole in the ignition tables are around 7k. its where the cams kick on peak tq and that extra heat n whatnot acts like the timing thats pulled out of it there vs everywhere around it hence its sitting around 34-37 instead of 45 right at that tq peak sweet spot, in every gear 1-6.

Basically, the tune we developed using the flashtune software, means you dont need a power commander $379, ignition module $359, fuel cut eliminator $?, block off plates $30-50, leave the exup valve in (because the stock exup valve never opens over 70%) and we can leave it at 100% open, which means you leave the exup motor in, and not buy the resistor to keep it from throwing a error code $50, secondary flies, stay stock, don't need to fiddle with em or use smaller ones $?.

So, the tuned flash we just made, is gonna save upwards of at least $800 in extra crap you don't need to buy.

graphs and more information to come. the base maps from flashtune, not worth it. they need to be tweaked quite a bit to get right, especially the ignition timing tables. so, if you haven't had anything on your bike done, it'd be worth it. if you have a slip on and pc tune, you wont be getting much performance out of it. but you will get a buncha cool extras. theres more, i'll be adding to this shortly. but the tuning laptops are at the shop and i'm at work so, i'll get to em when i get back to the shop.

so, i'd say for the right price, this is totally worth it. once we finish the last few odds n ends on it, we may be bringing something to the table for yall to look at. everything is backed up by dyno graphs, i aint just spewing crap outta nowhere here. if you have any questions let me know.

jpfz1fiinal_zpsf17af9dc.png

blue line, gytr slip on with pc3 tune. red line, finished flash + gytr slip on

jpfz1flashfinalvsbaseflash_zps561e0b03.png

blue line, finished flash with gytr slip on. green line, flashtune base map flash with gytr slip on.
update: from nels. group buy on his flashtune flash, get me 5 guys, and the price is $175 per flash, so its $25 off the normal price of $200.

just as an fyi, here's a run of an ivans flash (blue) vs nels flashtune flash (red). as you can see, they're practically the same graph. what this proves, is that ivans has a good flash. and, nels does too. the differences being in fueling. ivans fueling has a lot of room for improvement.

29nels_02ivans_zps3969b8c7.png

So can you come down to Fortuna, Ca the first weekend of May to allow a bunch of FZ1 riders to check it out? If not, can you arrange a ECU with the new flash for testing. I can install it in my bike with a zero map in my PC3 and give a true real world evaluation.

So can you come down to Fortuna, Ca the first weekend of May to allow a bunch of FZ1 riders to check it out? If not, can you arrange a ECU with the new flash for testing. I can install it in my bike with a zero map in my PC3 and give a true real world evaluation.

I'll ask. However, I personally don't have time off to be going to cali for a random weekend. It's had real world evaluations by many people who love it. There's nothing special about it, it does the same exact thing as the other flashes. It gets a little extra power from advanced timing and a little fueling, and gets huge ridability smoothness from the extra options with the flashing software.

however, get 5 guys together and it'll be $175 a flash.

personally, i'll never have a non flashed bike again, what it does to how the bike rides is amazing, it's a whole new bike. i'm flashing my track bikes as soon as they get back from my suspension guy

Last edited:
If my only mod is a slip-on (no power commander) and I don't plan on doing more I can flash this and get all the power commander benefits? The flashing is a mail-in-your-ECU adventure?

I'll ask. However, I personally don't have time off to be going to cali for a random weekend. It's had real world evaluations by many people who love it. There's nothing special about it, it does the same exact thing as the other flashes. It gets a little extra power from advanced timing and a little fueling, and gets huge ridability smoothness from the extra options with the flashing software.

however, get 5 guys together and it'll be $175 a flash.

personally, i'll never have a non flashed bike again, what it does to how the bike rides is amazing, it's a whole new bike. i'm flashing my track bikes as soon as they get back from my suspension guy

Not exactly random as it has been planned for 2 month and posted on both sites.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/i-m-going-for-a-ride-you-comin-/20009-hwy-36-ride-may-3rd-4th.html
Nels does not change the fueling, based on what he told Brian7cees.

If my only mod is a slip-on (no power commander) and I don't plan on doing more I can flash this and get all the power commander benefits? The flashing is a mail-in-your-ECU adventure?

correct. the fueling wont be perfect like it would be if done on the dyno, but it'll be 90% of perfect. every bikes a little different with different fueling needs. and yes it is a mail in your ecu adventure. nels has been flashing ecu's by mail for years and hasn't had a problem yet with shipping or any lost ecu's

Not exactly random as it has been planned for 2 month and posted on both sites.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/i-m-going-for-a-ride-you-comin-/20009-hwy-36-ride-may-3rd-4th.html
Nels does not change the fueling, based on what he told Brian7cees.

Sorry i don't follow every post made on both forums, i'm on over a dozen forums, and personally, i dont do meet ups or group rides. generally i don't pay much attention to those threads unless i want route info off of them. i dont have the time to ride to cali and back for a weekend ride. i dont really do group rides so, i'll see what i can swing but no promises. apples to apples is still apples, so there's nothing anyone would notice difference on a flash vs flash bike. a flash vs unflash, helllllsss yeah theres a difference, but its the same difference on any flash vs unflashed. removed restrictions, adjusted timing and ta da, it's the same on every flash because thats all you can do to get the tiny bit of performance and smooth out the rideability in the fz1.

nels didnt change it on brians bike. fueling should be tweaked on dyno. as brian didn't bring his bike in, only his ecu, nels did add fueling to the flash. plus i believe brians bike was the first bone stock fz1 to get the flashtune flash, with the bike on the dyno nels coulda adjusted the fueling and probably smoothed out the little throttle snatch he is experiencing.

fueling can be added if desired but doing it with a power commander on the dyno is the better way to do it.

He did in fact clear a few things up. I suggest you let him do the talking and posting. I am still curious if you get a Check Engine Light when you have a fault.

correct. the fueling wont be perfect like it would be if done on the dyno, but it'll be 90% of perfect. every bikes a little different with different fueling needs. and yes it is a mail in your ecu adventure. nels has been flashing ecu's by mail for years and hasn't had a problem yet with shipping or any lost ecu's

Sorry i don't follow every post made on both forums, i'm on over a dozen forums, and personally, i dont do meet ups or group rides. generally i don't pay much attention to those threads unless i want route info off of them. i dont have the time to ride to cali and back for a weekend ride. i dont really do group rides so, i'll see what i can swing but no promises. apples to apples is still apples, so there's nothing anyone would notice difference on a flash vs flash bike. a flash vs unflash, helllllsss yeah theres a difference, but its the same difference on any flash vs unflashed. removed restrictions, adjusted timing and ta da, it's the same on every flash because thats all you can do to get the tiny bit of performance and smooth out the rideability in the fz1.

nels didnt change it on brians bike. fueling should be tweaked on dyno. as brian didn't bring his bike in, only his ecu, nels did add fueling to the flash. plus i believe brians bike was the first bone stock fz1 to get the flashtune flash, with the bike on the dyno nels coulda adjusted the fueling and probably smoothed out the little throttle snatch he is experiencing.

fueling can be added if desired but doing it with a power commander on the dyno is the better way to do it.

lol Why dont you just stay in Wa. You seem a little to busy pimping to waste your time..lol

Back