1995 era Ninja 500R

Eric, that post was down right awesome.

I KNOW that the 500 will be OK for her power wise, because I understand she is not going to go out there and just wack the throttle. She is very level headed, listens to me well and will do what I say when it comes to this. She has already explained that she trusts me with all this and that its in my hands to get everything setup so that she can just learn and follow my lead. I already explained she is not going to be coming out with my friends for a while as they are NUTS on bikes and I don't even enjoy riding with them half the time. Only one of them cares about his life which is why me and him spent most of the summer riding together and never invited the others out.

I don't really have to explain the situation, I just appreciate the fact that Eric understands what I am going through in my head knowing her personally, and said it on here. Coming from me, it wouldn't mean much.

However on a good note, I have been talking to some people and looking and doing research on the BlueTooth headsets so I will be getting us a pair of those before she is riding. I wish I had that when my dad taught me how to ride, would have been awesome when I first started out on the streets with him. So I know it will be awesome for her to be able to talk to me from the start.

:)

I still think the Ninja 500 is perfect, not a shred of doubt in my mind. And they are a LOT cheaper than the 250's.

Nice to see you've come to a decision! That Ninja 500 will be an excellent bike for her (and you'll have a blast on it too). I bet you'll get jealous of her when you have fill up and she still has 1/2 a tank left ;)

PS. I noticed you're running Oxford heated grips. Which model did you get (sports?) and how do you like them? Also, where & how much? My last heated grips were the under-grip style for ATVs and I wanted to get a more complete (and hopefully warmer) system for the SV650.

I rode a 110cc bike in Indian driving conditions for 7 years. Came to US and started on the FZ6 for 2 years and went to the FZ1 for 2 years now. FZ1 made a better rider out of me - FZ6 with its goofy handling didn't do much ... go figure...

I just personally feel that the 250 is going to be too slow?

We dont have the money to upgrade once a year, this is already going to be rough for me to do this for her, so I figured why not get the 500 and just call it a day.

I can say I was shocked at how well this 250 ran. Don't be fooled by the engine size. Besides I think you will have less of a problem getting rid of the 250 kawi if you had to up grade, best selling bike for Kawasaki.

Nice to see you've come to a decision! That Ninja 500 will be an excellent bike for her (and you'll have a blast on it too). I bet you'll get jealous of her when you have fill up and she still has 1/2 a tank left ;)

PS. I noticed you're running Oxford heated grips. Which model did you get (sports?) and how do you like them? Also, where & how much? My last heated grips were the under-grip style for ATVs and I wanted to get a more complete (and hopefully warmer) system for the SV650.

LOL yeah I was reading they get almost 60MPG!!! That's nuts!

I got the Sport models 696 series.

Heated Grips for Motorcycle and ATV

That's where I got them, got them in 3 days. They work awesome! I ran them with a relay, you can see what I did with them in my build thread somewhere towards the end of it..

Back