16 front 46 rear

--------------------------------------------------------

hi guys can any won tell me how this combination will inprove my bike 16 front & 46 rear sproket . i read most people go with the 47 rear but i already have a 46? planning to go to france next month how will this affect my mpg ? i have a speedo healer to correct the mis reading seem fairly easy to install .have mod the air box k&n filter and have a pcv and auto tuner acro slip on. used won of the maps fronm pcv stie are there any good maps out there that would suite my set up! have some coperdog flies on order should arive soon.

--------------------------------------------------------

hi guys can any won tell me how this combination will inprove my bike 16 front & 46 rear sproket . i read most people go with the 47 rear but i already have a 46? planning to go to france next month how will this affect my mpg ? i have a speedo healer to correct the mis reading seem fairly easy to install .have mod the air box k&n filter and have a pcv and auto tuner acro slip on. used won of the maps fronm pcv stie are there any good maps out there that would suite my set up! have some coperdog flies on order should arive soon.

One down in the front and 2 up in the rear should be fine. You can retain the stock chain. You'll get a bit more power on the low end and may lose a tiny bit off the top end but not too noticeable. You mileage won't suffer as much as if you go up 3 in the rear. I'm running a 16/45 combo and love it. I still average just over 40mpg with this setup and the difference is only about 300 rpm's. If your going to ride a long distance I wouldn't go with the 16/47. Go with the 16/46 and overall you'll be happy. Just be sure to use a GenI front
16T from Yamaha so you'll have the rubber cushion to keep down any whine from the gears and make sure you use an all steel sprocket on the rear.

One down in the front and 2 up in the rear should be fine. You can retain the stock chain. You'll get a bit more power on the low end and may lose a tiny bit off the top end but not too noticeable. You mileage won't suffer as much as if you go up 3 in the rear. I'm running a 16/45 combo and love it. I still average just over 40mpg with this setup and the difference is only about 300 rpm's. If your going to ride a long distance I wouldn't go with the 16/47. Go with the 16/46 and overall you'll be happy. Just be sure to use a GenI front
16T from Yamaha so you'll have the rubber cushion to keep down any whine from the gears and make sure you use an all steel sprocket on the rear.

I concur, i run 16/47 and this gearing is good for sports riding, trackdays and having fun. But if i was planning a touring trip i would change to 16/45. If you run 46 @ rear i would even consider swapping back to 17 front?. Changing the front sprocket is a fairly simple procedure, it would make your motorway miles more enjoyable. Lets face it the FZ1 with standard gearing is no slouch.

If I'm going touring, I'm swapping back out to stock 17/45. For slabbing, 16/45 is too many RPMs (too much fuel consumption). 16T will go back on for my normal use... commuting and fun riding!

16-46 sprocket

thanks for your input fitted the 16-46 today bike gose like a bomb much better from a stand still around town i may consider leaving this combination to go to france will be doing around 500 miles over 3 days round trip i understand this bike wll only do around 120-140 miles to the tank will prob be doing around 70-80 mph most of the time with the oc blatt to se how she performs top end no dout! hopfully this combination will not cost me to much £$£ n gas. another question when i am in say 6-7000prm and changing from first gear to say 2-3 i get a slight back fire then a little gurgle noise i have the air blocked at the air box as i have a acro slip on which stoped the poping ext at de cell is this pop and gurgle the fuel cut i have read about that this bike is prone to when you come of the gas and re engage the throttle my bike is a 09 naked was wondering if i needed that verry costly fce from ivans ? thanks wonc again in advance .

Ivans FCE was designed to cure the slight snatch on the 06 model. I know this because i have an 06 model and the snatch was pi**ing me off so i installed the unit. The FCE works well, my bike is as smooth as a baby bottom!!!, as well as curing the snatch it also gives a nice 2-3hp gain in mid-range, some guys install the unit just for these gains. Yamaha smoothed out the fuelling and sorted the snatch on the 07+ models. To be honest, spend your $ on a PC3 or PCV (download a map or dyno) instead of a FCE. For the $ it isnt worth it unless you don't have a snatchy 06.

i have a pcv fitted and a autotuner i dowloded a map from the pcv web site to match my k&n and acro slip on quite new to all this tec maybe its the map we dont have a dyno center in jersey c.i so it looks like a trip to the mainland uk to have it done will have to try and co inside whith a long week end shopping trip for the wife that might cost me more than the dyno LOL.

Back