$1200+ helmet anyone

I had applied to be a beta tester last year because I knew it was the only way I'd ever own one.
Had totally forgotten about it till I got the pre release email.
My luck I'd drop the thing walking out to my bike and ruin it before I ever got to try it out.

I had applied to be a beta tester last year because I knew it was the only way I'd ever own one.
Had totally forgotten about it till I got the pre release email.
My luck I'd drop the thing walking out to my bike and ruin it before I ever got to try it out.

If for only one thing, I believe that the rear view cam would be very beneficial to riders, especially on sportbikes where the mirrors are sometimes useless. I really love the GPS feature as well. No more Ram Mounts and looking down at the handlebars while riding. It's going to be one of those "hit and miss" deals, you either love it or hate it. I really like it.

Too many distractions already. I am busy looking down the road in front of me.

Admire the technology, but my current AGV helmet works fine with my rearview mirrors. I "might" answer my phone when I have "stopped" at my destination. Their $1800 model will have Netflix.

:shaking head:

Considering top line helmet prices from Shoei and Aria are already well over $600 the price seems reasonable. Heads up display with the GPS and especially rear view cam could be a life saver.
I REALLY like the thought of a wide view rear camera with heads up display.
Of course if its heavy, not aerodynamic , noisy, uncomfortable or not well designed for safety... well then its useless and not worth it.

I've owned quite a few sportbikes and I can't say any of them had decent mirrors. I even bought spacers to move the mirrors out on the FZ1 but they are still not perfect. Being able to see whats behind and next to you at all times WITHOUT taking your eyes off of whats in front of you is priceless. I'm sure we have all had a car sneak into a blind spot at some point, not happening with a rear view cam and heads up display.

Looks cool. I've never had a problem with my mirrors I can see behind me at all times but it would be nice to have it right in front of you. But I already have a 1200 helmet and I need racing helmet and gear for the track. So I don't lose my license.

Now if they had a retro fit kit for helmets, like the Sena system, then I'd be all over it. Then if you wrecked your helmet you could transfer the kit to the new helmet. Otherwise, I'll wait until I win the Lotto.

Or go all of the price and then some with non of the tech:
agv_pista_gp_helmet_carbon_fiber_detail.jpg

AGV Pista GP Helmet - RevZilla

They had 2 at cyclegear the other day. It fit my dome immaculately. Wallet, not so much. I promptly put it down and picked up a new scorpion exo900 instead. :(

I signed up to be a Skully beta tester last year as well. I have qualms about spending more than 200$ on helmets because I end up buying a new one almost every year anyway. (track crashes and the occasional gravel and errant blue hair here in Florida)

Or go all of the price and then some with non of the tech:
agv_pista_gp_helmet_carbon_fiber_detail.jpg

AGV Pista GP Helmet - RevZilla

They had 2 at cyclegear the other day. It fit my dome immaculately. Wallet, not so much. I promptly put it down and picked up a new scorpion exo900 instead. :(

I signed up to be a Skully beta tester last year as well. I have qualms about spending more than 200$ on helmets because I end up buying a new one almost every year anyway. (track crashes and the occasional gravel and errant blue hair here in Florida)
Well of course it's retarded expensive, the making involved Rossi.

Back