100,000 Mile Club

You're my idol! I haven't been able to keep a bike past 14K without trading it in for something else. I've got about 50K miles though on bikes during the same period, so half your distance. My car sits for weeks at a time in the garage. If I had your weather I'd give you a run for the money.

thanks guys. ride safe! Harra

Holy cr@p man, that is awesome. So what major components, if any have failed? I mean, is this just tires/oil/ routine type stuff only? In my experiences Honda has been the long-term machine but I guess Yamaha is way up to the challenge?! How have the valve's held up as far as service intervals go?

Trouble free

Holy cr@p man, that is awesome. So what major components, if any have failed? I mean, is this just tires/oil/ routine type stuff only? In my experiences Honda has been the long-term machine but I guess Yamaha is way up to the challenge?! How have the valve's held up as far as service intervals go?

This is the first mechanical failure. Otherwise normal maintainance.

That is amazing man. I guess if you added up every bike I've owned it would come close to 100k. Do you find the tranny is better now than when new? I have always found that with Rotella T synthetic, things just get better as the miles pile on.

Tranny

That is amazing man. I guess if you added up every bike I've owned it would come close to 100k. Do you find the tranny is better now than when new? I have always found that with Rotella T synthetic, things just get better as the miles pile on.

shifts are smooth, use the clutch Almost always. No problems. Orignial clutch. I do use a blended oil. Although realistically I would think just changing on regular basis would be sufficient regardless of type or brand. I think the bike runs just great. And compared to when it was new I think I'm a MUCH better rider than I was back then. Now I feel comfortable with the bike and accustomed to all it's quirks/and nature of it's design. Yet I have still to gain the skill to explore the outer limits of the bike. Mostly because I ride on the street- and want to stay alive and still afford insurance. IF I were closer to a track and didn't rely on her for daily transportation.. well

Back