100,000 Bike Protest

Worried about helmet laws... you guys got it lucky!! Check out the attached. I do most of my biking in France and their new transport minister seems to be having a war on bikes, this link covers a 100,000 bike protest that brought Paris to a standstill!! The French are so militant...

It's already a well accepted law to wear a helmet all over Europe but some of the measures that this is about is making it compulsary to wear a high visibility vest, larger licence plates (to fine you on speed cameras more easily) and ban filtering in traffic (riding between lanes of slow moving/stationary traffic).

The best photo is the last one where the near naked riders are trying to make the point that its got nothing to do with safety as the government aren't fussed what you wear under the high vis vest!

France completely paralysed by almost 100,000 bikers ! « UK France bikers.com

24 Thousand of us had a protest ride against front number plates (for toll cameras)

1 Ride and we never heard anything again, we need to stick together, lobby our politicians and show what a pain in the a*s we can be when fu*ked with.

The State of Victoria in Australia is the only state where you can park your motorcycle on foot paths and reservations.

Sick of getting booked by parking officers in about 3000 motorcycles (most members of the MRA) went into the city and occupied most of the car parking spots, at the end of the allowed time we all crossed the road and did it all again, within I believe 2 weeks it was all over (since about 1982) and bikers play by the rules and do not obstruct the footpaths, foul them with oil or obstruct parked cars and there have been no problems.

Motorbikes : VicRoads

Back