+1 member

EffZeeOne

Just got a new 2009 Cobalt Blue!

Newb to the FZ1 but not riding. Came off a Bandit 1200 for 7 years :shoot:, then a very short stint on a VTX1800F :tdown: when I thought I wanted to go cruising. :zzz: I've had 5 or 6 other bikes before the Bandit.
Just wanted to say Hi! :cheers: This forum looks great. Non-squid-like!

Just got a new 2009 Cobalt Blue!

Newb to the FZ1 but not riding. Came off a Bandit 1200 for 7 years :shoot:, then a very short stint on a VTX1800F :tdown: when I thought I wanted to go cruising. :zzz: I've had 5 or 6 other bikes before the Bandit.
Just wanted to say Hi! :cheers: This forum looks great. Non-squid-like!

Welcome and congrats on the new ride! Glad to have you along for the ride. Get some pics of the new ride posted up so we can check it out.

So, are you a modder? What's the plans for the bike? :D

I plan on riding this bike for a while before I decide on mods. Pretty much immediately, however, I am going to put on the Yamaha Gel Seat. I went for a 150 mile ride yesterday and my A$$ looked like I'd been spanked. Felt like it too.

I love the bike so far! :tup: I think it pulls almost as good as the Bandit in low RPM, and above 7k, no comparison. Seems a lot lighter and more flickable.

This is my first Yamaha (I'm a big fan of the Genesis 5V) and I've finally found a manufacturer that isn't too full of crap about break-in. One paragraph in the manual. Avoid "prolonged" operation above 6k. I think I can handle that! :rmwl:

BTW, search isn't working too well for me. What's the word on removing stickers? How about the one on the windshield? Someone must have picked at it on the showroom floor and I didn't notice. Now it sits there and mocks me as I ride.:poke:

Ahhh... stickers! Hair dryer to heat them up and then peel. Some Goo-Gone or WD-40 to take the sticky leftovers off.

Glad you're lovin' the bike. I used to be a Honda guy those many years ago and after getting my first Yamaha, I've been bleeding blue since.

And breakin? Ride it like you stole it. I break them in quite rough and have never had one use up any oil or break. :tup:

Welcome and congrats on the new ride! Glad to have you along for the ride. Get some pics of the new ride posted up so we can check it out.

Really? She's bone stock...
WhileMotorcycling

Last edited:
What's up with the "radiator guard"? :newbie: Is it functional or decorative? Link?
Thanks for the positive comments. :)

Here are some other bikes I have owned going back to 1989. (the BMW was a rental)
Some of the pictures aren't great because they were scanned from old photos. I love photography!
Picasa Web Albums - Richard - While Motorcy...

Last edited:
What's up with the "radiator guard"? :newbie: Is it functional or decorative? Link?
Thanks for the positive comments. :)

Here are some other bikes I have owned going back to 1989. (the BMW was a rental)
Some of the pictures aren't great because they were scanned from old photos. I love photography!
Picasa Web Albums - Richard - While Motorcy...

Thanks for sharing those pics Rich :tup: As for the radiator guard it's a fully functional upgrade. Take a look here for the buying info and a how to:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/7133-gen-ii-radiator-guards.html

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-how/7193-how-install-radiator-guard.htmlhttp://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-how/7193-how-install-radiator-guard.html

I plan on riding this bike for a while before I decide on mods. Pretty much immediately, however, I am going to put on the Yamaha Gel Seat. I went for a 150 mile ride yesterday and my A$$ looked like I'd been spanked. Felt like it too.

I love the bike so far! :tup: I think it pulls almost as good as the Bandit in low RPM, and above 7k, no comparison. Seems a lot lighter and more flickable.

This is my first Yamaha (I'm a big fan of the Genesis 5V) and I've finally found a manufacturer that isn't too full of crap about break-in. One paragraph in the manual. Avoid "prolonged" operation above 6k. I think I can handle that! :rmwl:

BTW, search isn't working too well for me. What's the word on removing stickers? How about the one on the windshield? Someone must have picked at it on the showroom floor and I didn't notice. Now it sits there and mocks me as I ride.:poke:

Congrats on your purchase, I bought my 2009 Raven/Granite Grey FZ1 a bit over a month ago. Depending on how much you are willing to spend, you may want to consider a Top Saddlery seat. Many people have bought the Yamaha gel seat only to not be pleased with it, but I've never heard a complaint about the comfort of the Top Saddlery seats.

Back