'09 FZ1 Price

3B43

I'm in the market for one and have been 'quoted' $9000 BEFORE reg's/tax/etc. for an '09. It lists for $9700+ . . . anyone out there bought an '09 and for what $$$?

Thanks.

I got my '09 for $9419 OTD. NH has no sales tax and that is before registration. It was about another $300 after visiting the town and the DMV. :D

I'm in the market for one and have been 'quoted' $9000 BEFORE reg's/tax/etc. for an '09. It lists for $9700+ . . . anyone out there bought an '09 and for what $$$?

Thanks.

Unless you gotta have an '09 see if you can find a leftover '08. There was a price increase in '09 so you should be able to get an '08 at this point for $7-7.5k.

He might be able to still get a great deal on the '09 now that the 2010 model is released. The dealer will want those cleared out to make room for the '10 bikes showing up. Of course, if there still is an '08 there, it could get even sweeter! :D

I was quoted $9866 OTD. I know that is not a super great deal, but you have to consider that is from a dealer chain that normally only sells their bikes for at least MSRP and sometimes more, depending on the popularity of the bike. And on top of that, they charge $399 for freight, and $499 for set up.

According to their little sheet, that was about $8400 for the bike. So I figured I could look around and see if anyone else would sell me the bike at cost, which if I am not mistaken, is right at about $8400, and I should be able to get an OTD price of much closer to $8700 out the door, as tax is only 3% here. Hell, I would even be willing to make it an even $9000 so the sales guy could make some money. I'm simply not going to pay double and triple in freight and set-up from what I can pay at other dealers.

In the mean time, I picked up the 2002 model to hold me over. You can't beat $129 a year for insurance, since I didn't have to get a new bike loan.

I don't believe there are very many left over '08s. I have been looking high and low on-line and I haven't seen any. I see plenty of '09s, and I have even seen some of them offered at about $7600, but I don't know what other fees that entails, and the dealers were clear across the state from where I live.

I've talked to four (4) shops, Sacramento area, and none have an '08. They all have two '09's and quoted me $9000 BEFORE tax/etc over the phone. Several of the shops said the '10's should be in by Dec, so I'm gonna see how low they'll go. My home town shop has a blue '09 (the color I want) and doesn't seem to want to go any lower then $9000. Tax here is 8%, so that'd be about $10,000 OTD.

Hey another option is to buy a used '07 since they also came in blue. The way the Gen II bikes have been holding their value it may be an idea worth considering. You can pick up a low mileage '07 in the $5500-6000 range from what I have seen.

I got my 09 two weeks ago for 9200 otd and my state has 9.9% sales tax.It's worth it ,i came from an 07 fz6 which i really liked but this is really fun.I do hope i can stay away from tickets as i already got pulled for 67 in a 45 but i was nice and said it's a new bike and he let me off:flash:Ed

Hey Crazy,

Thanks for the tip to contact OTD Sports----I called them and they had just what I wanted, an '08 RED FZ1 and I got it for $8400 OTD! I'll pick it up in 2 weeks, since I've got to go to the Sacramento area to get it (300 mile trip one way . . . no biggie, as I was headed there anyway to visit my mom).

Hey Crazy,

Thanks for the tip to contact OTD Sports----I called them and they had just what I wanted, an '08 RED FZ1 and I got it for $8400 OTD! I'll pick it up in 2 weeks, since I've got to go to the Sacramento area to get it (300 mile trip one way . . . no biggie, as I was headed there anyway to visit my mom).

Congratulations!

Already looking to 'spruce' the bike up, w/some sexy 'stuff'. A taller windscreen is add on #1, since I'm tall and want more wind protection. I can't BELIEVE the trouble I had finding the helmet I wanted . . . is there a shortage of Arai's out there? I called EVERYONE in the U.S. and ended up buying my 2nd choice 'model' wise, 4th choice, 'graphic' wise. Got a great price though. What's the deal w/that?

Back