08 Gen II is my Mental Break from the day

Sactown2008

I have not read this forum for awhile.

Anyone have Left Brain Hemisphere Stroke in the family?

My 78 year old mom had one on 8/19 in the AM. We found her half way down her stairs at 530pm. She is right side paralyzed and can't talk, read or write. She is in rehab for 30-100 days then Nursing home is she does not prosper. If she can someday use a wheelchair, we will sell both our houses and move her in with us.

Thank God she has seven years of 24/7 Long Term Health Care paid for.

Riding my FZ to see her everyday has been a HUGE mental break from the sadness of seeing someone very independent now needing 24/7 nursing care.

Rough news. It's not an easy thing for the family to go through.

I know what you're going through, my mom is in a similar situation as a result of a benign tumour a few years back. Her right side was paralysed but she's worked hard to get a lot of that functionality back. The hardest part is dealing with the compromised cognitive function because she has a history of brain injuries.

It gets better, just be positive and keep pushing her recovery. :) You will be amazed with what she will regain, even at her age

Mom Giving Up

My 78 year old mother has refused food, PT and meds for the last four weeks. We just moved her from Comfort Care to Hospice. She doesn't want to live this way anymore. Today she started "comfort" meds for her seizures and pain.

It breaks our hearts but, I have to honor her wishes.

Thank you Dustin for the kind words.

:(

Priorities, funny. I've been so busy with moms finances, condo and medical affairs, I have been on the bike twice in 7 weeks.

I wish you and your family the best. It's hard to put yourself in the shoes of a loved one who is ready to give up. I went through this with my Gram a couple of years ago. She was ready to go and that was hard for me to accept. Really had me thinking about how I would feel if it were me and what I would want. Tough thoughts to have in your head.

It's sad to lose a loved one but you're doing the right thing by letting her go. Think about the happy times and celebrate the full life she had.

Sometimes, the crushing feeling of losing someone becomes all-consuming and family forget to ask what the person wants.

You're doing the right thing
:)

The cycle of life can be very painfull.
Sorry you are experiencing this.
At least you get to make peace and know what's coming. My mom suddenly passed at 67 from a massive stroke..had not spoken to her in awhile before it happened...major saddness, regrets, and pain! Give her all the love you can now, man, you do not want to go through what I went through.
Best wishes bro!

wishing you and your family all the strenght to accept this and seek comforting thoughts from your mom's long life and knowing she is a proud mom...

Sorry to hear this Sactown2008, Hang in there. Our Son is fighting Cancer and he's only 24. Life's road isn't fun at times, keep your head on when riding.

thots and prayers, sir. I have some patients that have the same medical issues. Its very hard to deal with. Keep ur chin up and stay strong for her.

Back